AKAI APC Mini mk2 support

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
Michael88

So, I bought a new AKAI APC mini mk2 earlier this week. Although very similar to the previous version of the APC mini, this one has 8 x 8 RGB buttons. A couple of button locations have also been changed, as well as channel numbers. To get everything to work, I've put in a pull-request with an updated input profile + midi template: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/pull/1400

In any case, this is the result, each available color with its DMX feedback value:
akai_colors_page1.png
akai_colors_page2.png
Some things to keep in mind:
* Only even values are relevant, as each consecutive DMX feedback value is mapped to the same MIDI velocity.
* The output MIDI channel must be set to 7 to get 100% brightness (when MIDI channel 1 is chosen, you'll only get 10% brightness)
* The control buttons on the side however (Volume, Pan, etc.) have single LEDs which unfortunately only react to messages on MIDI channel 1. Maybe we could add a FixedMidiChannel attribute on the Feedbacks element that could be configured to overwrite the output MIDI channel for feedback to allow a profile to output certain numbers to different MIDI channels?

Details about the communication protocol can be found here:
https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/atta ... 20v1.0.pdf
DizziD

Hi. I'm totally new to QLC+ so please forgive my ignorance. I also have this controller.
Is this a module I can download to add to my showfile I/Os or just a request?
I'm on 4.12.6 on Linux (Ubuntu 22.04).
edogawa

The pull request mentioned above got merged into the upstream source code repository, but there hasn't been a new release yet since.
Either use current 4.12.7-git from OBS, or download two files created by that commit and put them into your user folder,
Put them in their respective subdirectories inputprofiles/ and miditemplates/ - you'll need to create them if they don't exist yet.
DizziD

Thanks. I found the profile in another thread. It’s cool.
gnomesenpai

is it possible to make the on colour flash?
GGGss

gnomesenpai wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:48 pm is it possible to make the on colour flash?
Yes,
It really helps if you read a little bit.
https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/atta ... 20v1.0.pdf
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
LightLui

First of all thank you very much for the post.
I have studied the Akai File. But still I find the following problem.
When I switch to channel 7 to get 100% the midi controller seems not to work anymore in my project which I created.
I had already buttons assigned to Midi controller buttons.
Any tips?
Thank you!
MichelSliepenbeek

Check your input profile.
The first option is probably "0049 slider1", which is set up to react on a Control Change 48 on midi channel 1 (and it is likely to end at 0251).

If you want to use midi channel 7 you need an option "24625 Slider 1" which will react on a Control Change 48 on midi channel 7 (and so on).

So you have to expand your profile with (at least) all buttons and sliders for channel 7 and then again link those values as External Controller in QLC.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"