Overriding flash functionality

GGGss

If there is an override - this should be clearly indicated... The flash button has a star, and an exclamation mark should reveal its current override status...
For the simple purpose of debugging problems pleaze
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

Wazzledi wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:52 pm @mcallegari What do you think? Should we even add a visualization?
Can be done. I propose to highlight the button border with red color when overriding/forcing.
Simple and effective
Wazzledi

Alright, do you want to implement it or should I?
MichelSliepenbeek

As i have set up most of my fixtures as LTP, i assume this change does not affect me.
i want to ask you to ensure that you do not create any unwanted effects for "us LTP users".
Therefore, make sure that you also add some LTP fixtures to your test set.

Do not forget to check the Copy function: if you make a copy of a Button where (on the Source) "force LTP" is set, the result (the Target Button) should also have this option set.

In the description of the "override priority" i only find an explanation on what it does to "GenericFaders".
To me it is not clear what it will do on a SubMaster: if a button is in a frame together with a Fader in Submaster Mode, will the "override priority" also override this Submaster?
If it does it defintely would be usefull to me (but i don't know how others think about this).

In the current situation the "Blue Star" in a flash Button is rather basic, as it is always has the same size (regardless off the size of the button: so on a small button the star is rather big, on a big button the star is rather small) and always has the same color (regardless of the background color of the Button, so if the background is also blue you will hardly notice it).
Maybe it is an idea to do something with the shape of the button: by "adding some black to the corners", you could change the appearance off the Button from Square/Rectangular to Round or Diamond or ......
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Wazzledi

Do not forget to check the Copy function: if you make a copy of a Button where (on the Source) "force LTP" is set, the result (the Target Button) should also have this option set.
Good point!
The copying does not work right now. This will be fixed!

As i have set up most of my fixtures as LTP, i assume this change does not affect me.
i want to ask you to ensure that you do not create any unwanted effects for "us LTP users".
Therefore, make sure that you also add some LTP fixtures to your test set.
The forceLTP feature does only affect HTP channels, since it only ignores an HTP check.
LTP channels are not influenced by this option of the flash button. This is just an option to better flash intensity channels instead of changing them to LTP.
In the description of the "override priority" i only find an explanation on what it does to "GenericFaders".
To me it is not clear what it will do on a SubMaster: if a button is in a frame together with a Fader in Submaster Mode, will the "override priority" also override this Submaster?
If it does it defintely would be usefull to me (but i don't know how others think about this).
Indeed, in the explanation I talked about GenericFaders, which is the implementation class and was intended for those who know the code base.
Nevertheless, the explanation said it overrides Sliders in the virtual console. Since submaster sliders are handled differently than normal value sliders, this function will not affect a submaster slider.
I also tested it, and the submaster can even set the intensity of the flash function as intended. The override option does only influence sliders that set a sepcific channel value.
I think we don't want to alter the handling of the submaster on this flash function with the override option. If you want to override the submaster then just don't include the button in the same frame.
What would be a use case?
In the current situation the "Blue Star" in a flash Button is rather basic, as it is always has the same size (regardless off the size of the button: so on a small button the star is rather big, on a big button the star is rather small) and always has the same color (regardless of the background color of the Button, so if the background is also blue you will hardly notice it).
Maybe it is an idea to do something with the shape of the button: by "adding some black to the corners", you could change the appearance off the Button from Square/Rectangular to Round or Diamond or ......
I can not say anything for the visualisation. @mcallegari has to decide this.
Yestalgia

I'm more than happy to work on the docs once the feature is complete!

You've done so much already - thanks for this insane amount of effort, it's a big upgrade to QLC+
giacomo

Indeed, in the explanation I talked about GenericFaders, which is the implementation class and was intended for those who know the code base.
Nevertheless, the explanation said it overrides Sliders in the virtual console. Since submaster sliders are handled differently than normal value sliders, this function will not affect a submaster slider.
I also tested it, and the submaster can even set the intensity of the flash function as intended. The override option does only influence sliders that set a sepcific channel value.
I think we don't want to alter the handling of the submaster on this flash function with the override option. If you want to override the submaster then just don't include the button in the same frame.
What would be a use case?
I agree (again) with Dennis: it's surely useful that the submaster controls the intensity for the override flashes as well, it seems the expected behavior.
@Yestalgia: I'm waiting to read your docs ;)