Speed Dial alternative

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
da29

Hello all.

Working on a headless RPI4 application to be manipulated remotely via web interface.

Just learned that the web interface does not support the speed dial widget.
Can anyone suggest work-around or alternate ways to control function speed via the web interface?

Thx. Dwayne A.
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

With the help of generic dimmer in a loopback universe, a scene with this dimmer and a value of 255, a button on your VC in flash mode (and bound to this scene) and if you bind this loopback channel to the tap property of the speed dial, you can tap the tempo through your web remote.
All this I call it the Loopback Magic.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
da29

Hey Fredje.
Thanks for the reply and advice.

I am not near my workshop right now so cannot attempt this workaround. I will get to it later today or this weekend. However, I am unfamiliar with 'loopback universe'. What does this mean and how do I set it up?

Thx again. D.

POST EDIT. Okay, found some strings to pull at this location.
Will give it a whirl later this week.
Thx again for the brilliant suggestion.
D
Last edited by da29 on Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
da29

Hello again, Fredje.

Okay, after a pause for High School Football I've returned to this project.

I was able to successfully control time widgets using both tap buttons and faders via the Loopback Universe.

However, I found the linked instruction to be confusing as it appears to instruct using TWO universes for loopback functionality; one for OUTPUT and one for INPUT. That did not work for me, but using the same SINGLE universe for both OUTPUT and INPUT is working just fine.

Although the timer widgets don't display on the PI4 web interface virtual console, they are correctly controlled by the tap button and/or fader.

Looks like a win! Thanks again for the advice.
Dwayne A
GGGss

For the future alien visitor: Welcome and behold ... you are visiting a highly addictive portion of the Earthly web ... We must conceive lightly equilibrium

@yestalgia @massimo
Loopback universe should always be used as input and output
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore