External controller with 2 pages frame

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
hak4fun

Hello,

i figured out an issue with external controller:

I have a frame with 2 pages and on page 1 is a speed dial control which range ins connected to a Knob of the
external controller Korg nanokontrol2. If i stay on page 1 i can control the range with the external controllers Knob.
But if i go to page 2 then the Range of the speed dial is not effected by the external controller...

Is this a bug or feature? :?

Thanks for your support.
The Passion for Music & Lights https://youtube.com/djhaaki
MichelSliepenbeek

This is not a bug.
The logic is that the page that is on top is active, all other pages are not active.

If you want the Speed Dial to respond to your NanoKontrol Knob in every situation, you should not put it in a multi page frame.
I use a specific "Allways On Top" frame, for those functions. In normal situations i keep this frame minimised (using the "X button" in the Left Top corner), so it will not take too much space on my VC.

You can also use this as a feature: If you want to use the same NanoKontrol Knob to control another widget on your second page, just connect it again on your second page (notice that QLC will put something like "Page 2" behind the name of your external controller).
Attached you will find an example: i use the rotary decoders on my Elation Midicon either for controlling Pan and Tilt of my Moving Head Washes (on Page 1) or for controlling Pan and Tilt of my Moving Head Spots (on Page 2).
Attachments
External Input - Page 2.jpg
Allways On Top 2.jpg
Allways On Top 1.jpg
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"