Easy mod for blackout needed

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
abarth

It would seem easy to solve a lot of blackout issues if the master fader could be assigned to a value with a button and timer like all other buttons. I have a need for this so my moving heads do not zero position using the blackout option.
MichelSliepenbeek

If you go to VC Set Up (Toolbox Icon on your VC Window) and select the Grand Master Tab, you will find that there is a possibility to assign an External Control.
With Loopback you can assign a value to it.

But first check whether you are on the latest version of QLC (4.12.7) and that your Pan and Tilt channels are set to LTP.
If you check the release notes: viewtopic.php?t=16421
you could read :

"Blackout now involves only HTP channels. Finally your motors will stay where they are! :) ".
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
MichelSliepenbeek

i adapted the first example of this topic viewtopic.php?t=16694

Loopback channel 4 (in universe 3) is used to control the General Master.
You need to set this channel to LTP to make it work.

For some reason you cannot use a loopback slider for the General master.
I tried with a slider on a generic dimmer but it will only Dim the General Master, the General Master will not come up again.
I assume that is because a generic Dimmer is type intensity, so it is also affected by the General Master.
I guess there might be a workaround by creating a Dummy Fixture with one channel that is "not intensity", but i did not try that.

If you use Buttons however, it works fine. i Created a Dim and a Max Button as an example, if you want other values feel free to add them.
For the timer settings i was inspired by Dolly parton (9 to 5). :) ;)
Attachments
Loopback-EasyExample.qxi
(713 Bytes) Downloaded 112 times
Loopback Easy Example 1b.qxw
(19.16 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"