Can't set channel to zero when it has a default value

The issues found when using the Simple Desk panel
floEdelmann

First off, I'm using version 4.12.0 GIT.

I have a fixture definition where one of the channels has a default value of 255, so that is what is sent to the fixture without any changes. When I move its fader in the simple desk, it fades down correctly until DMX value 1, but when I move it a little bit further to DMX value 0, the channel fully lights up instead of going completely off. The DMX value that is shown above the fader reads 0, but the DMX monitor shows 255, which is the value that is actually outputted (I could check that because the fixture is actually a custom project using an ESP32 with Art-Net over WiFi and I could just output the exact DMX value it receives via the serial console).

The same happens when I put a fader in the virtual console into level mode for that channel.

What I expected: When I touch the fader (and it turns red), the value I choose is exactly what is outputted to the fixture. When I reset it (using the X button below the channel), the default value is applied.
Have a look at the Open Fixture Library! It's a project to collect fixture definitions in a unified format and make them downloadable for different lighting programs, including QLC+ 4 and QLC+ 5.
mcallegari

Yeah, I think I've seen it too.
I believe the "default value rule" is:
channel value == 0 -> default value
channel value != 0 -> value

Can you please open a report on GitHub so this doesn't get lost ? Thanks
GGGss

Why does this old thread show up in my 'new posts' filter?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

Because some spammer posted crap and I deleted the post and banned the user