ArtNet Device does not work

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
Jan

Hey all,

I got a Showtec Festoonlight Q4 Controller which I want to controll with ArtNet. But I don´t get it work. I tried with the software LumiDMX at the same computer. With this software it was no problem to controll the Festoonlight Controller with ArtNet.
The Festoonlight Controller doesen´t apper at the Node in the ArtNet configuration of QLC. At the software ArtNetominator the Festoonlight controller appers as QiuPao Controller.
I use QLC+ 4.12.7 on Windows 11 and tried also with Windows 7. But it was the same problem.
Can somebody help me with this problem?
sbenejam

Can you post details of your device, network configuration, device configuration and your QLC+ workspace?.
Jan

This is the device https://www.highlite.com/de/marken/4175 ... oller.html and here is the manuel of the device https://www.highlite.com/de/mwdownloads ... d/17429774

The IP of the device is 2.0.0.1
The IP of my computer is 2.0.0.2 the Subnet Mask is 255.0.0.0

At QLC I patched 20 RGBW devices at Universe 1 and configured it as attached.

The device is configured to receive the signals at Universe 10.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-02 200246.png
Screenshot 2023-10-02 200236.png
sbenejam

From the QLC+ help documentation.

When transmitting multiple universes on the same interface, the packets will be sent by default with an ArtNet Universe ID equal to the QLC+ universe number minus 1.

For example:
QLC+ Universe 1 --> ArtNet Universe 0
QLC+ Universe 2 --> ArtNet Universe 1
QLC+ Universe 8 --> ArtNet Universe 7

This choice is due to some facts:
1- The first valid ArtNet universe is 0 and not 1
2- The first universe accepted by commercial ArtNet-DMX devices like eDMX and ODE is 0, so to have QLC+ to work out of the box, the first ArtNet universe must be 0.

I think that if you change the output from universe 10 to 9 it should work.
Jan

I set the universe from 10 to 9 but does still not work.

With the software ArtNetominator I can see that QLC sends the data in the same universe then to other software. But if the data comes from QLC the device does not react. Of course I don´t open booth software at the same time.
sbenejam

When you send Artnet from QLC+ wich universe number see ArtNetominator?.
Jan

When I set the universe at QLC to 10 I see the signals at universe 10 at ArtNetominator. When I set the universe at QLC to 9 I see the signals at universe 9 at ArtNetominator.

When I send the signals from the other software I see the signals at universe 10 at ArtNetominator.
GGGss

Jan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:04 am When I set the universe at QLC to 10 I see the signals at universe 10 at ArtNetominator. When I set the universe at QLC to 9 I see the signals at universe 9 at ArtNetominator.

When I send the signals from the other software I see the signals at universe 10 at ArtNetominator.
If you interpret the documentation correctly, the above statement would be wrong...
Let's use QUniv and AUniv to distinguish between QLC+ and Artnet.
If you are sending multiple universes, then QLC+ output universe 1 (QUniv 1) with the Artnet option to send to AUniv 10, should be detected by ArtNetominator as being sent to AUniv 9. (The one minus).
Let me test this real quick...
I'll get back to this

[edit: test-results]
Sending from QUniv 1 to AUniv 0 is detected on the network as being AUniv 0.
Capture_65 Oct. 03 13.48.png
Sending from QUniv 1 to AUniv 10 is detected as being AUniv 10.
Capture_66 Oct. 03 13.49.png
Repatching the fixture to QUniv 3 and toggle design/operate-mode does wander the output to AUniv 2.
So the documentation is wrong...

(I used the DMX-workshop tool which is highly recommended).
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
GGGss

sbenejam wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:46 am From the QLC+ help documentation.

When transmitting multiple universes on the same interface, the packets will be sent by default with an ArtNet Universe ID equal to the QLC+ universe number minus 1.
'By Default'
Let's try this too...

Without touching any settings, QUniv 1 sends to AUniv 0.
So the documentation is RIGHT!
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Jan

I just installed the DMX-workshop tool and opened the Node list. There I can´t see the device. When I use ArtNetominator I can see the device at the Node list. This is very strange.
GGGss

Just fresh installed DMX workshop on this computer ... (making a mess now of my workspace)
Select the right network adapter and node discovery shows all 3 instances;..

How and where and what is your setup?
Capture_67 Oct. 03 15.11.png
Capture_67 Oct. 03 15.11.png (11.48 KiB) Viewed 3335 times
This computer is the .29
the other I was using to monitor (and test) is the .109
Jan

I got QLC and DMX workshop at the same computer. This is the .2

From the computer network card I go to a switch. There I have a ArtNet Node which is the .250 and the Festoonlight Controller which is the .1
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-03 151945.png
GGGss

So you 'see' the Artnet box ... there will be a small error somewhere in the settings.
What if you start the Receive + Data monitor ... there you can select the AUniv and DMX values will appear

ok - call me as proposed in DM...
EN FR GE DU spoken ;-) if that may help break the barrier