Speed function slider

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Vorona

Hello!
I need slider mode, which can control speed channel in function. I mean, slider with same functional as playback mode, but control "speed" channels instead intensity. Also needed feature, whitch in solo frame any button will switch off sliders in playback mode (and mode with speed control) and any slider in playback mode will switch off any button.

Case reason:
I have strobe with 2 channels (intensity and speed). Strobe activates with non-zero intensity channel, zero on speed channel means very low speed.
I created some functions for strobe. In function I added all of 2 channels (intensity I set to 255 (100%) or 0% to turn on or off).
This functions I place to solo frame as buttons, also I place here slider with submaster function for control strobe brightness.
It works fine.
But Also I need abylity to simple manual control strobe speed by one slider with brightness sets with submaster slider.
I mean: Create scene with 255 level on both channels intensity and speed. Assign slider with "playback-speed" mode. Place to frame this slider and submaster slider.
Submaster slider will set brightness for working functions, and playback-speed will turn on and control speed channel for function.
GGGss

If you put a slider in level mode, you can adjust whatever channel you choose. So slider in level mode and select the speed channel.
You probably want to change to LTP (Latest Takes Precedence) - but this might imply other problems.
If you use different controls for the same functions, which one will be in control after all... It is not because you think this or that has to be changed, that the desk will follow your logic.
As said before: use the Loopback Magic for certain functions to work. Using the same scene in 2 solo frames may do the trick also.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Vorona

If I put slider to level mode I can control only speed channel function. Problem is that if I set non-zero position this slider - Intensity level must be 255 (must start scene with intensity channel 255). After set zero position on speed slider I need zero on intensity channel.
I need HTP logic, not LTP.
What you mean under loopback magic?
Last edited by Vorona on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Vorona

Maybe, I do something wrong. I try to do, that setting non-zero speed (1ch), enables scene "Strobe!"
Attachments
demostrobe.qxw
(4.16 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
GGGss

I don't understand what you want to do actually...
First: do not put everything inside a solo frame - you are asking for trouble... (In a solo frame only one function will be active - adding sliders to it shifts the focus from your enabled button, to something else but in your case, because it is a flash button, you won't notice this.)
Problem is that if I set non-zero position this slider - Intensity level must be 255 (must start scene with intensity channel 255). After set zero position on speed slider I need zero on intensity channel.
can be done
See annex.

Seen the time I want to spend on this problem, I only got a not-working-work-around.
Attachments
demostrobe-fred.qxw
(8.38 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Vorona

GGGss, thank you a lot. I check your qxw and I see, how it must be work. I found problem in my project and I fixed it. Whanted result in attache.

Aftrer that featrure request may be rejected and this thread may be closed
Attachments
demostrobe.qxw
(4.53 KiB) Downloaded 49 times