Eurolite LED Bar 2 RGBA 252/10 40° Indoor

Here you can share your fixture definitions with the community
edogawa

Hello,

Here's a definition for this 2nd generation RGBA LED Bar.

Product page(reseller's archive page as it's not being produced anymore): https://www.steinigke.at/de/mpn51930419 ... mm-40.html

I will rent about a dozen of these for a dance performance in this year's ImPulsTanz festival here in Vienna, and control them via QLC+ (I've not yet decided whether v4 or 5).Today in the afternoon I'll pick up a single unit and carry it home to test it here in QLC+.

19 channel mode makes heavy use of aliases: the first channel determines which channels are assigned to the 18 placeholder/"no function" channels following it.
It's all well documented in the manual that can be found here, and it works just fine in SimpleDesk and everywhere else except in 2D/3D previews, both in v4 and v5.

The definition passes the fixture validator, but misbehaves in the 2d/3d preview. When I add a fixture in this 19ch mode (or the RGB fixture variant that exists in the QLC+ library already, in the only mode it offers, FWIW), the previews show it in full white, no matter what any of its channels are set to.

I created this fixture definition by copying/extending the existing definition for the older RGB variant following the manual. In my theater I have a few of these older ones, and I know they operate correctly when controlled from QLC+ (except for the preview).

Ironically I've helped resolving similar preview display issues recently, but AFAIR that was related to the "acts on" setting which isn't in use anywhere here. I can't seem to find a solution currently, so I'm writing here to raise attention and ask for opinions or insight.

I'll be using the 6 channel mode of the RGBA bar, which has all the features I need, so it doesn't really matter to me. It's just a detail that seems buggy and I wanted to address it.
Attachments
Eurolite-LED-Bar-2-RGBA-252_10_40__Indoor.qxf
(11.28 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
edogawa

when testing with a real device, I found a few missing aliases and wrongly chosen channel presets for their zones in the channel editor in this definition - here's an updated version.

The preview issue described above remains...
Attachments
(12.87 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
GGGss

Edgar,

The preview problem lies in the fact that you did not include heads in your definition... This can be solved quickly by changing the heads feature in the modes tab.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
edogawa

Dear Fredje,

I don't seem to be able to add heads in a way that is understood by QLC+; this may have to do with the rather unusual way how 19chan mode works:

Only the first one ("Mode") is a "real" channel, and its setting determines the aliases used on all the others, which are of type "no function" and set to preset "alias".

So if "Mode" is at 0-5 the unit is in blackout and has no heads.
In the range 6-10 it has a master dimmer, a flash rate channel and one head with RGBA colors.
In the range 11 - 15 it also has master dimmer and flash crate, but uses 4 zones/heads with RGBA colors each.

All the remaining "modes" use the whole bar and bring different static colors or macros, with a varying set of control channels for dimmer/flash rate, speed/flash rate and one or two color selection channels for the dynamic macro modes in the upper range, and finally sound mode aliasing only one channel for sensitivity.

I have tried to define 4 heads regardless in 19 channel mode, but this leads to just showing me four white dots even when the unit is dark, in 2d preview, instead of one as before.

So if you happen to know what I'm doing wrong or how to get that right, please tell me, because it would be really useful to have this working for the upcoming event.

Thanks!
MichelSliepenbeek

Edgar,

Try to set it up as if Mode = 11 - 15 is the default/preferred mode, meaning: channel 4 = Red1, 5 = Green1, 6 = Blue1, 7 = Amber1, ...... 18 = Blue4, 19 = Amber4.
That way you are able to add your heads.

Try to define your aliases from with that definition as a start.
Be aware that in every other mode than Mode = 6 - 10 and mode = 11 - 15 only the channels CH1, CH2 and CH3 are always relevant and CH4 and CH5 are sometimes relevant.
As the fixture (in those specific modes) will not react on those other channels, it is not necesary to set up aliases for those channels.

In QLC 4 the 2D preview will only show the result of the 4 heads for the RGB channels, it won't work for Amber :? :x
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
edogawa

Hi Michel,

Oh! Now I finally understood (it's a bit of backward logic to me to add features by default and remove them as needed, but it also makes sense in a way).

I made the suggested changes and it works now. It shows me the 4 heads in any mode, and I cannot preview amber as you said, but that's OK enough for now

I attach an updated version. This also sets correct aliases for Black out (0-5) and Sound activity (211 - 255) which I had left out before. So I could get rid of these duplicated "No function #" channel, but now the file got much bigger because of adding so many aliases. to hide the color zones 2, 3 and 4 in most cases.

Accordingly the older model that's already in the library, with just 3 zones and RGB LEDs, should be updated the same way, but that's not for me and now, I've had enough for today... I'll get back to that eventually, as I have a few of those in my theater...

Thank you so much!
Attachments
(38.37 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
mcallegari

Added, thanks