QLC+ isn't talking to my ADJ WiFly transmitter

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
kittyrobbins

Hi all,

I'm trying to control some ADJ Element HexIPs with QLC+, sending the DMX from the computer through an Entec open DMX USB box and into the DMX input on the WiFly transmitter. I have used the WiFly with a console and it works great. But with QLC+ from my windows computer today, I'm getting no indication on the transmitter that it is receiving a DMX signal from my computer.

I do get the "chime" when I plug in the USB so I know the computer at least recognizes that I've plugged something in.

Has anyone already solved this problem and could give me some helpful suggestions?
GGGss

Did the suggestions on Facebook help?
In C you need to configure your output to use Open Enttec. Then it should send valid DMX.
The other suggestion was to connect your fixture directly to the interface and look for an outcome. This to validate true DMX signals and then pass on to the WiFly interface. This way of working eliminates faults in the chain.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kittyrobbins

Hi, as it turns out I did a lot of troubleshooting and never found the problem but now the fixtures ARE getting DMX from the WiFly. Must have either been a loose connection or Windows weirdness.

But I will confirm open Enttec before doing anything else.

Thanks.