Input Output Map

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
Peval

Hi all,
if running QLC+ in order to make some changes on scenes and VC, without all the I/O device connected, when saving the project the I/O information has gone.
It make sense from a certain point of view, but, on the other hands, I need to pre-defined some VC or scenes OFFLINE before a show. Since I know what I'm doing I don't have to connect everything for such a simple operations.
So, I expect to have an option to KEEP the I/O information even if the physical devices are not connected at all.
Many thanks.
Best regards
Paolo
mcallegari

Hi, the project file is a XML file that you can simply open with a text editor.
Just copy the block starting and ending with <InputOutputMap> before saving the project and restore it afterwards.
QLC+ cannot read your mind, so it doesn't know if saving without devices is intentional or unwanted.
I gave you an easy manual solution.
SPOPATT

mcallegari wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:45 am Hi, the project file is a XML file that you can simply open with a text editor.
Just copy the block starting and ending with <InputOutputMap> before saving the project and restore it afterwards.
QLC+ cannot read your mind, so it doesn't know if saving without devices is intentional or unwanted.
I gave you an easy manual solution.
I'm just going to point out I would really appreciate it if you could figure out mind reading into QLC+. :D

But yeah. I've had to open up the project file within a text editor to fix weirdness in the input/output map.
Peval

I know that QLC+ Project File is an XML file.
This is what I decided to do before submitting this post.
I kept that session saved somewhere and using the Text Editor for replacing once I have finished to play offline with Scenes and VC definition.
My post was mainly to raise up the issue for those who are not familiar with XML structure editing.
Best regards.
Paolo