Testimonials for new website

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
mcallegari

Hello QLC+ Community!

We've been hard at work crafting a brand new website that better showcases the maturity and capabilities of QLC+.
We are reaching out to you to gather some testimonials.
We believe your stories can inspire, and we want them featured on our website!

If QLC+ has made a difference in your projects or business, we'd love to hear about it.
Please share a brief comment about how QLC+ helped your projects and shows.
Your testimonial could shine a light on the tremendous value QLC+ offers and encourage more individuals to explore its potential. Every story matters, so please share yours!

Thank you in advance, I look forward to reading your contributions.
SPOPATT

I didn't have any experience with lighting prior to using QLC+ 9 years ago. You could consider it a gateway drug for me that got me into creating custom light fixtures and environments for stage shows. I do a lot with pixels and I haven't found an implementation as robust as QLC+. The few times I have had issues with the software were quickly addressed after a forum post and all my knowledge has been gained through the community that uses this software.
sbenejam

I have been working with amateur theater companies for many years in lighting and sound control. We have also been a user of free software for many years. Since I tried QLC+ I haven't stopped using it. I translated it into Catalan and tried to help make it better by reporting bugs and helping other users use it.
QLC+ is ideal for small productions but can also be used for larger projects and professional applications. It's highly configurable and it's easy to use and adapt it to your needs.
Being free software does not mean that you cannot do the same things as with commercial payment programs and applications. Not even lower quality.
I love QLC+ and free software.
Yestalgia

Starting a career in lighting used to mean a huge upfront cost for hardware and control. When I was 16 I found QLC+ which enabled me to invest more in my lighting rather than on expensive desks. All these years later, I'm still using QLC+ for professional gigs and am hugely grateful for the work of developers and the community.
edogawa

I'm a theater technician, musician, sound and lighting designer, have worked many years as freelancer, but also have been employed in differently sized theaters, with spoken theater, opera, dance and performance art productions.

Currently I use QLC+ not so often I have to admit, in my current employment we will invest into an ETC Ion XE 20 and some modern professional LED fixtures, very soon. I do use it for some side jobs like a RPi driven light installation above our main entrance.

But during my summer job at Europe's biggest dance festival (where I met Giacomo in 2014, and he introduced me to QLC+, see Use case #2 at https://www.qlcplus.org/use_case.php), it has helped me a few times in Museum settings, at performances with rather special setups: one time in Mumok Vienna, for controlling three groups of RGBA LED bars, the other time at another museum to fade in and out a set of ADB Svoboda ramps at the beginning and end of a dance piece.

I've also used it in similar situations in non-theater venues during the last few years, and pretty much in every opera of https://www.sirene.at/archiv/ done by me betweeen 2015 and 2020 - that's from Gilgamesch until Ewiger Frieden, you can find links there and watch them all on YT. It has proven extremely useful to be able to play back audio or video in parallel to the light show, in several challenging, often low-budget productions.
joaoopereira

I've been the lighting technician (as a hobby) for a theater association in Portugal since I was 12 years old.
I worked for years with analogue dmx consoles until in 2014 I found QLC+.
I decided to buy my first dmx usb controller and from then on I never used a console again :)
Thank you to all those who contribute to this project!
Gajus

I started using QLC+ for my bands liveshows several years ago and everything was working fine til now. I also introduced QLC+ to other bands which were using analog dmx-controlers so far...
theoBreakspear

QLC+ is hands down the best lighting controller for improvised theatre that I have found. For improv speed and ease of use are everything and QLC+ leaves traditional small theatre consoles like the ETC element for dust.

Also the new website is looking seriously snazzy!
Yestalgia

theoBreakspear wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:57 pm Also the new website is looking seriously snazzy!
Cheers! I've added your testimonial.
thierry

As a self taught sound engineer for choirs & small acoustic instruments groups in Belgium, I discovered QLC+ thanks to a tutorial about the Soundcraft Ui24R audio mixer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lnsW2M7KAc

Amazingly, this tutorial released in Jan 2019 by Danny Olesh (Soundcraft R&D Project Manager), is explaining how to use the QLC+ software in combination with the Ui24R to set up a small virtual lighting console (with 30 configurable buttons) on this very versatile digital audio mixer.

The fact that QLC+ is considered as "the" reference light controller software by one of the largest electronics companies (HARMAN - Samsung), which includes many famous brands in his portfolio, even in the stage lighting industry such as Martin, is I think one of the best recognitions for QLC+ ….