We have to click fader Xs in Virtual Console for one fixture group to work.

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
FirepointTech

We are having an issue where we have to click the Xs below the faders in Virtual Console in order for one of the Fixture Groups to work in our Scenes. Here is a link to a video which demonstrates this issue.

https://youtu.be/hdSeOZL4Ho8

I have attached a copy of our show file. We are not currently using any custom fixtures.

We are hoping someone can help us figure out what is causing this.

Thank you.
Attachments
FCB_start_2.qxw
(38.5 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
MichelSliepenbeek

For Pro Slim ..#1 and #2 the channels are set to LTP (Latest Take Presedence), for the other Pro Slim's (#3 .. #7) all channels (apart from Strobe) are set to HTP (Highest take Presedence).

If you want the first 2 fixtures to act the same as the other ones, go to the Fixtures Tab, press the "Channel Fade Configuration" Button and change all "existing LTP's" to HTP.

In order to understand the difference between LTP and HTP you might watch this video: https://youtu.be/Jj9YsHNQIXo?feature=shared
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
FirepointTech

Thank you for helping me find that! I kept comparing the channels but I couldn't see what was different. Also, note to self, when experimenting, take notes of the changes you make so you can get back to where you were.

The video you linked was helpful but will take some time to fully digest. The idea that different parts of the virtual console could be sending different values to the lights was, well, enlightening. I'm not sure I understand why our scene presets did not work until we clicked the Xs, though. If I click on a scene prefix, isn't that the last value? Shouldn't it take precedence? Would it work differently if my faders were inside the block with my scene buttons (or is that a bad idea?).

I think the reason I started playing around with the LTP was because the faders wouldn't let me override the scene buttons. I was trying to figure out a way around that. Looks like I need to do some more study on the proper way to set up a console.

Thanks for your help!
MichelSliepenbeek

The problem with LTP, is that if you start your very first scene (e.g. set all fixtures to Red) and then turn it off, QLC should go back to the previous situation.
As this was the very first scene however, there is no previous situation, so your fixtures will remain Red.

You can easily cure this, by using the Start Up Function (green Flag on your Functions Tab) to initialise QLC with setting all your colors to Black (R=0, G=0 and B=0).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"