QLC+ V5 Beta2 - Comments and Issues

Report an issue that you found while using QLC+ 5.x.
Please provide as many details as you can, a sample workspace if available and don't forget to read the forum posting guidelines first !
Peval

Hi,
I downloaded and installed QLC+ V5 Beta2 this morning to start getting used the huge amount of changes.
Here some comments:
1) On my huge Thunderbolt Display connected to a MacBook Pro 16" all the shapes and Fonts are quite too big. See attached image.
except for the Virtual console (created in V4) where the fonts I used for the buttons are still kept.
2) V5 doesn't save the dimension of each window so every time I switch from Virtual Console to something else and back to Virtual Console I have to resize again the right side dialog window (Edit / Function Manager)
3) I got a Crash after using Cmd-Z (Undo) many times. Probably the Crash is due to try to go back beyond the Undo List. This is the only Crash I had till now.
4) From a certain point of view V5 is more powerful even if V4 was more intuitive.
5) For example to add a Scene to a Button in Virtual Console I cannot select what scene to attach to the button. See next attached image. Plus sign is missing. I understood that I can drag and drop the scene to the button, but...
6) Mix of dimensions units. See next attached image. Stage is in Meters, while Fixture position is in mm. Also in the Fixture Definition the Size of the Fixtures are expressed in mm while in the Fixture's Manual are in Cm. This is why some Fixtures appear too small within the 2D/3D View, due a misunderstanding of units while defining the Fixture.
7) Another issue is that the light beam on 3D View starts from the side of the Fixture instead from the Bottom.

For now that's all.

A general comment on V5 is: GREAT JOB. Specially on 3D View.
Attachments
Point 6
Point 6
Point 5
Point 5
Point 1
Point 1
Paolo
Peval

Sorry, This is the Image for point 7 Above.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-20 alle 15.09.29.png
Paolo
darkangelba

My 50cents
I find XY orbit widget confusing: I have a EL150 moving head (simple XY 8+8 gobos), I'm experienced using joystick consoles in the past, then moved to the classic XY pad... orbit? sounds cool, maybe a demo/video on why it's better?
thank you!