Solved Generic PAR Leds flickering on fade

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
sly

Hey,
I'm using a generic dmx to usb cable on some Amazon brought DMX compatible PAR lights.
I'm able to adjust all of the RGBW functionality and see no lags or whatsoever.

However when I add Fade In and Fade Out to my scenes/chases they flicker for the duration of fade in / fade out.
I've excluded the fixture intensity from can fade option still no luck.
I've not seen the flickering in a dmx controller prior.

Any pointers would be appreciated how to eliminate flickering while using fade functionality.

I created the fixtures myself using the datasheet of the amazon 6 channel par lights.
Using QLC+4.12.7 on MacOS Big Sur
Last edited by sly on Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichelSliepenbeek

Just a wild guess:

If it is a 6 channel RGBW par light you probably have the following channels:
1 Dimmer
2 Strobe
3 Red
4 Green
5 Blue
6 White

If you created the fixtures yourself and did set both Dimmer and Strobe to Intensity, QLC will solve this conflict by selecting the last one defined as being the Master.

You can solve this by changing the Strobe Channel to Shutter in your Fixture Definition.

In case you're not sure of your fixture definition: make a copy of an existing Ficture definition that resembles yours (you could go for ADJ Microwash RGBW), change manufacturer, model and author, delete all the existing modes and create one new Mode (with the channels in the right order, and ...... do not use "Acts on") and save it with a matching name in your user library.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
sly

Thanks for the reply.. recreated the fixture definition based on the Chauvet PAR and it seems to work well with no flickering!!
DarylCopeland

MichelSliepenbeek wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:34 am Just a wild guess:

If it is a 6 channel RGBW par light you probably have the following channels:
1 Dimmer
2 Strobe
3 Red
4 Green
5 Blue
6 White

If you created the fixtures yourself and did set both Dimmer and Strobe to Intensity, QLC will solve this conflict by selecting the last one defined as being the Master.

You can solve this by changing the Strobe Channel to Shutter in your Fixture Definition.

In case you're not sure of your fixture definition: make a copy of an existing Ficture definition that resembles yours (you could go for ADJ Microwash RGBW), change manufacturer, model and author, delete all the existing modes and create one new Mode (with the channels in the right order, and ...... do not use "Acts on") and save it with a matching name in your user library.
thank you so much i tried it and it worked
Explore the site techzapk - where you can enjoy a rich collection of sports games, suitable for both experienced athletes and beginners.