hang problems

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
intersur

I have qlc hang problems. I tried it on several notebooks, I just have to restart the software and continue. I also tried it on 2 different dmx controllers, what will be the problem?
sbenejam

Can you post details of your setup?. Tell us the OS, QLC+ version you use. Post your QLC+ project to make possible to debug this problems.
GGGss

Make backup copy of your project file.
Open your project file with a text editor.
Replace the <IntputOutputMap> block with

Code: Select all

<InputOutputMap>
   <Universe Name="Universe 1" ID="0"/>
   <Universe Name="Universe 2" ID="1"/>
   <Universe Name="Universe 3" ID="2"/>
   <Universe Name="Universe 4" ID="3"/>
  </InputOutputMap>
Now your project should open. You will have to rearrange your input/output map again.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Pino

sbenejam wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:51 am Can you post details of your setup?. Tell us the OS, QLC+ version you use. Post your QLC+ project to make possible to debug this problems.
The same with me. I use a Surface Book, Windows 10, Enntec DMX USB Pro. I have a very simple setup with 5 LED Par and 2 dimmers. The longest was 3 hours, then I had to restart the application. I am new to QLC and it would be important for me to save the set values directly. But the reliability would be even more important.
What I have already tried is another interface and other USB cables. Of course, the screen saver and energy saving functions are switched off.
GGGss

Pino wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:09 am energy saving functions are switched off.
Are you sure that the advanced 'power save' settings is disabled on every USB port?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Pino

GGGss wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:38 am
Pino wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:09 am energy saving functions are switched off.
Are you sure that the advanced 'power save' settings is disabled on every USB port?
Thank you, I have read the tip before but did not apply it. I will test it as soon as possible. I don't have a test environment right now.