3 way buttons in virtual console and assign function for deactivating button

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
michaelallen

Wondering if a A/B/Off toggle can be added?

I have an APC mkII and would like to be able to use the A/B buttons to toggle between 3 different states (in my use case, i want A to make it so a slider controls only a sub-group #1 of fixtures, B controls sub-group #2, and Off controls both groups together.)

Even considering hacking around with frames and such, I couldn't see a way to do this, as you can't assign a function to a button being deactivated.
GGGss

This goes against the internal logic ... We only have 2 states.
What you describe is like a 'solo' functionality, but then solo a subgroup within a group of fixtures...
If we would somehow get some logic blocks, this could be achieved by a XOR function...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

There are "workarounds" however:

At first create 3 scenes for sub-group #1, sub-group #2, and groups#1 and #2 together and also create a fourth scene: groups#1 and #2 OFF.

Add those scenes to a chaser, set time to infinite, and set the "groups#1 and #2 OFF scene" as first.
Now create a standard frame, add a Cue list for your Chaser and a Slider in SubMaster mode (both in that same frame).

In the Cue List on the Next Cue set your A/B Button as External Controll, then set your APC Slider as External Control for the SubMaster Slider.
If you Start your chaser you can now toggle through your scenes, with your A/B Button (because of the fourth scene, you don't have to stop the chaser anymore).

Another option: create a multi page standard frame, set he number of pages to 3, box "circular scrolling" and connect your A/B Button as External Control for Next Page.
On the First Page create a Slider to PlayBack your first scene and attach your APC Slider as External Control (you could use the "Cath Up .."Option if you like).
Now do the same on Page 2 for Scene 2 and on Page 3 for Scene 3 (just connect them to the same slider).
In this situation you could also create a Dim Button (for your "groups#1 and #2 OFF scene" ), put it on every page above the slider and connect the matching A/B Button as External Input.

If you are in designer Mode it may be necessary to save and reload your workfile to get the submaster working in the right way.
If you copy your slider from page 1 to page 2 and 3, make sure you set up your external control after the copy.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"