A REAL SoundActive mode for QLC+ | LedFX Plugin

Yestalgia

Hi all,

There have been a number of exciting developments in another FOSS lighting program called LedFX . It's a very vibrant project and they are big fans of QLC+.

After some discussion with the project owners on Discord, I was notified that they already have a plugin in progress. From a dev:
Basically was simple: If activated LedFx scene -> QLC+ websocket -> set Widget value (aka Vitual Console button) -> QLC+ Scene.
Could also do vice versa. If Vitual Console button activated: such as assigned MIDI key pressed, then run a Fuction: Script which was a python requests script to activate a scene through LedFx API.
While this approach is a good start, what would be really cool is having the technology implemented such that it would work with fixtures mapped in groups.

My idea was to implement this through an RGB script, however I wanted to discuss options on here.

Since this would save me a lot of money through being able to leave LED strips unattended, I'm happy to put up a sizable bounty on this feature.

Cheers.

Note: May need to be moved to feature requests
GGGss

Let me shed light on my sound to light setup...
I use LightJams for accurate sound analysis. It splits the sound into 5 bands. Low, mid-low, mid-high, high and total energy.
Through Artnet I get those signals back into QLC+.
To fine-tune the audio influence, I use 5 channels in QLC+ where I can depict the amount of influence the sound analysis gives me back. These signals are sent through, again Artnet, from QLC+ to LightJams.
IMHO it is quite important to be able to fine-tune the audio analysis for a neat result.
Low channel input in QLC+ is used for tapping slow-changing things (EFX, pos chasers, color chasers). Mid-signals I often use with intensity channels. High frequency for flash or blinders.
A Lightjams license did cost me €99 back in the days.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Yestalgia

Thanks Fredje,

Quick update on this. The QLC+ plugin is now available in the latest release of LedFX. Although from what I can tell it seems to be focused on triggering scenes from their software and not the other way around (yet).
LedFX-QLC-BlizzardPixelicious.PNG
Integration.png
Listener.png
8Lambda8

Hi,
i wanted to activate/change scenes from ledFX with QLC+, but still couldn't find a ready made solution.
So I created a small nodejs program that can receive sACN/E1.31 values from QLC+ and trigger the scenes accordingly.
https://github.com/8-Lambda-8/sACN_ledfx_bridge
Github: 8-Lambda-8