QLC Not recognizing all channels

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
witchghetto

Hi all - I've got a Chauvet slimPAR 64 RGBA but QLC does not seem to recognize all 8 channels when using 8 Channel, only the first 4 when on 4 Channel.

I set my slimPar to Channel 8 and the address to 1 which is connected to my ENTEC DMX USB PRO, connected to my laptop (mac)
I create my Universe with the out being the ENTEC above
I add a fixture and select my Chauvet slimPar 64 RGBA > set Mode to 8 channel > Universe to Universe 1 and click Ok
I go to my Simple Desk where I can see all 8 channels appropriately titled and set up as faders, but when I use any of the sliders, I get no lights.

As previously mentioned, I am able to get this to work fine when using 4 Channel instead of 8 Channel.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong??? Oh, and I should say I'm using QLC+ version 4.11.2

Thanks!
edogawa

I seee that 4 channel mode just has the four colors, 8 channel mode adds color macros, strobe, a mode channel and a master dimmer.

So the first thing to ask, have you raised the master dimmer before trying any color channel? Otherwise you won't see any output, of course.
witchghetto

edogawa wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:26 am I seee that 4 channel mode just has the four colors, 8 channel mode adds color macros, strobe, a mode channel and a master dimmer.

So the first thing to ask, have you raised the master dimmer before trying any color channel? Otherwise you won't see any output, of course.
THAT WAS IT!! Thanks so much. I'm coming from using some cheapo lights that didn't have a dimmer option, so that was new to me.