Scale QLC UI for use on large display

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
Electricjayman

Hello, I have found myself occasionaly using QLC on a pc that is hooked up to a 55" display. I have already used the windows scaling option and that has worked well for other programs. However it wasn't as effective with QLC. I can only go so large before the text outpaces the size of the box (button) it is in and the text gets cut off. My buttons and silders are a challenge to use.

Is there a way I can scale the UI for this program?
kenact

I don't know if this answers your question, but Buttons and Sliders can be resized. Just click and pull the lower right hand corner.
MichelSliepenbeek

Unfortunately Jay did not tell us which resolution:
- he uses for his Virtual Console (on Virtual Console click the Tool icon, far Right on the Sub-Menu bar) and
- what resolution(s) his regular display uses and
- what resolution his occasionally used 55" display is set up to.
If you design your Virtual Console for Full HD (1920 * 1080) and then run it on a 4K (3840 * 2160) display, you can expect a smaller window.

Have a look at topic "Command Line Parameters" of the On-Line Manual: https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... ters.html
You could try if the fullscreen resize option will solve the problem:
-f or --fullscreen
Description: Start the application in fullscreen mode

Parameters: Method (either 'normal' or 'resize')

Examples:
Tell the window manager to give the whole screen space to QLC+:
qlcplus -f
qlcplus --fullscreen
qlcplus -f normal
qlcplus --fullscreen normal

Resize QLC+ to take up the whole screen space (useful in custom X11 sessions without a window manager):
qlcplus -f resize
qlcplus --fullscreen resize
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Electricjayman

You are correct I am running the display at 4k so the virtual console area was quite small and thus all the buttons. I did find a fix and want to share what worked for me.

Changed a setting under windows compatibility mode.

Right click QLC+ icon > Properties > Compatibility > Change High DPI Settings > (Tic Box) Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by "System".

I guess windows scaling I used to make my desktop bigger affected QLC negatively?

Thank you for the replies.