Ableton Piano Roll Input Profile

Here you can share your fixture definitions with the community
mojo321

Hi,

This is not a fixture. Its an input profile. I don't know where else to post it, so here it is. This is the piano roll profile for Ableton. What its good for:

My band uses click tracks in Ableton for subtle background things. (occasional keys, sound effects, or anything else that isn't guitar, bass and drums). So we use QLC+ to run the lights. Every widget in our QLC virtual console has a MIDI trigger. Then in Ableton we use a midi track to run the virtual console.

So programming the lights was pretty easy. In Ableton, we click record, and then played a midi keyboard in with the midi through going to QLC. I just needed to make a cheat sheet for each widget on the keyboard. The only problem was I didn't see a piano roll input profile, so I had to make one. You need it if you want those triggers available in the widget properties, "Choose..." menu. This is it, if anyone else wants to try this method out.

Slap me if I posted it in the wrong spot.
Attachments
Ableton-Piano-Roll.qxi
(10 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
mcallegari

Hi, have you considered to use the already provided Generic MIDI profile?
What's the difference with yours (apart for a 1-octave offset)?
mojo321

This one is just trigger on/off. To be honest I didn't even try the generic midi because I didn't want anything more than on/off triggers for scenes. The generic midi has a lot of other stuff in there that I wouldn't even begin to know how to apply to lights. I'm new...LOL