Override Scene

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
giacomo

hey there,
I had this fancy idea while reading this thread:
v5 doesn't have anymore the design/play paradigm, so what if a function could switch temporary the htp parameter to ltp - just for the time being active?
This could solve many of the issues reported here, if feasible it could be a smart (and hopefully easy) solution to this feature request...
Curious to hear the answer from THE developer :)
GGGss

LTP could work, but you would have to create the zero-out values yourself when the temp function starts. And when the temp function ends, you have to re-initiate the values that were present.
It will get complex for one's mind.
But wait a minute: when you start a temp function, you need a snapshot of values just before the start and remember them. When the temp function ends, use those remembered values again. hmm
Then one should decide what has to happen when you have channel conflicts... LTP logic?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
giacomo

Indeed, I haven't specified it but it I was thinking that one should write the htp zero parameters in the function >> intensities that go to zero temporary >> this operation is quite fast in the 2d view and it will give more flexibility because one can choose what to control - eg. service lights or singer spots not overwritten by this temporary ltp switch.
Probably it would be faster the opposite behaviour: by default the software sets all the intensities in ltp and @0 so the user has to program only the intensities that he wants to use.

I'm not sure to understand all your complexity, qlcplus it's already working like this: the last touched ltp has the precedence, when the fader or button is zero you have a function release and the last active ltp parameter get back the control.
We would need just a special rule in this case: the highest intensity becomes also the latest parameter >> this way we've solved the need to recalculate all the states as you mention.
In fact this Override Scene request is basically for htp parameters and when the function is turned off all the involved parameters return to htp.

Although not my field: maybe it would be sufficient to add a micro delay to the function:
when you start this special "switch function" > there is a micro delay to allow all the htp parameters controlled to becomes ltp [following the aforementioned new rule] > then you get the ltp absolute controls as expected;
when you stop the function > you have the ltp release behavior as usual > then a micro delay to restore all the original htp parameters and everything is back to the original state.

Of course this is not an universal solution but it could be a good hack for most cases.
AndrwBadIdeaFactory

I mostly use MA2 and Onyx, but, especially after talking with @Yestalgia in the real world, I am super interested in the possibility of utilising future versions of QLC+ in some clubs (especially those on a budget)

The programs I currently use, certainly have their strengths, but also their glaring workflow holes. They also cost a lot of money.

A system for Overrides (in onyx speak) or Temps (in MA speak) is essential for how I program and operate my shows.
I love to have a random strobe chase on a button, that also fades out the rest of the rig momentarily before returning everything to what it was doing before.

Same with blinders, same with faders that stops any intensity fx and movement fx in one hit, maybe making movers behind the performers enter into a nice position to backlight them, while dimming any front light. Basically, when the music changes, I need to react quickly with the lights.

Temps / Overrides are also excellent in general for "Bump buttons" (Intensity bumps, white bumps, colour bumps) where the intensity of a group goes to full momentarily before fading back to whatever it was doing before. For a more dramatic effect, I often (once again) program the bump button to temporarily black out other parts of the rig during that moment.

Temps / Overrides are also excellent for strobe hits or strobes on a fader, when the fader is down or the button is released, it's very rare that I would want it to "latch on" and stay strobing.
With dedicated strobe fixtures, it's less of an issue, but often we're dealing more and more with multi-function fixtures.
I might strobe the beams, moving wash, moving profiles, the led pars, led strobes might be led panel fixtures doubling as led floods at a lower brightness... It's like the oprah meme, but "you are a strobe, you are a strobe, and you are a strobe!!!........ *gestures wildly at the rig*). If I hit a strobe bump button for my movers, I want them to return to what they were doing before when I release it. If my front wash blacks out while the lights behind the performers does a flash or a strobe or something else funky, I really want that front wash to return to what it was doing before. And I want it to be fast enough to set this up, that if I get new ideas mid gig, it's practical for me to program it onto a spare control.

As far as I currently understand, this is the main feature that stops people like me being able to immediately use this software.
MichelSliepenbeek

Maybe off topic, but it might be a usefull tip.

You could use a RGB Matrix with Pattern = Plain Color and Blendmode = Subtract as a temporary dimmer.

Depending on the Color you select you can also set it up as a partial dimmer:
For Dim 25 % you should select color R(64), G(64), B(64).
For Dim 50 % you should select color R(128), G(128), B(128).
For Dim 75 % you should select color R(192), G(192), B(192).

If you are running a RGB Matrix with for instance a Strobe Pattern on your Spots, you could also create a matching RGB Matrix (with the same Pattern and Timing Options) for your Washes in Blendmode = Subtract.
Put the two together in a Collection, so you can launch them as 1 function and get them working in sync.

As i use my fixtures in LTP mode, it works for me. I'm not sure what it will do in HTP mode (i suggest to give it a try).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
giacomo

As i use my fixtures in LTP mode...
You answered it.