Control QLC+ scene based on Spotify songs

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
Sp4rKy

Hello,

My use case is mostly dance events, where lights are more for general ambiance more than a real show (except during pro showcases etc). So I used to design a few differents color / slow moving patterns scenes with qlc+, and switch from time to time.

At some point, I thought that it could be cool to be able to change automatically every new song. We mostly use Spotify (and often linux) so checked for what exists, and after a few hours I finally wrote something on my own, so here it is:

https://gitlab.com/Sp4rKy/spotify-to-osc

This tool will check Spotify song changes and not only randomly trigger new scenes with QLC+, but can choose which one of them based on song analysis provided by Spotify.
It then sends order to QLC+ using OSC.

It has been made with a dont-rely-on-internet mind, so everything can be ran in local (assuming you have spotify premium account) during showtime.
Yestalgia

This might be the start of a plugin potentially.

My friend and I recently wrote a python app which takes predominant colours out of spotify album art and makes them available via artnet. Keen to know what you think.
SPOPATT

This is sick. Like actually sick. Good job.

I tend to use Apple Music but this is fantastic for Spotify folks.
Sp4rKy

Yestalgia wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:31 am This might be the start of a plugin potentially.

My friend and I recently wrote a python app which takes predominant colours out of spotify album art and makes them available via artnet. Keen to know what you think.
You can really do a lot of things thanks to spotify API / song analysis. Didn't thought of the album art as it does not make much sense to me for live show, but definitely a fun idea !

@SPOPATT, thank you !
I don't know any other streaming platform which provides so many details about tracks than Spotify (but I did not check API of all of them). That said, the random mode can still work for you, as long as you're using a MPRIS enabled player on Linux (official app for apple music isn't, but the Cider fork is)