Anyone know how to use BCF2000 in MC C mode with feedback ?

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
Sp4rKy

Hi,

I've just got a BCF2000 midi console. In default mode (bc) everything works correctly :

* both slider and rotating things (not sure how they're called) at the top can be assigned in VC
* If I change value in VC, slider moves
* If I move slider, value changes in VC and sliders stays where I moved it

However, I can't use the preset buttons to switch between pages and, more importantly, if someone press one of the preset buttons without notice it may unsync console and VC, so I'd like to use MC C mode.

But, when I switch to MC C mode,it does not work as expected : when I move a motorized fader, it moves in VC, but the motor push it back to its previous location.

Of course, I've read all the forum threads about BCF2000 and :

* use a dedicated universe for BCF2000
* BCF2000 set as u2 (tried u1 and u3 as well)
* selected the Mackie version of the profile when testing MC C

So, did anyone is using BCF2000 in mackie mode WITH feedback working (all off motorized faders, leds of rotating things, led of buttons).

Also, 2 sides questions:

* Can I use the 2 main buttons lines on the top as on/off and not flash ?
* Does anyone know which midi value can be sent to button as feedback ? (seems like 2 makes them red flashing)

Sp4rKy
GGGss

Sparky,

If the faders are fighting you, there is a setting which is wrong.
Play with the 'monitor' and 'follow' settings of the slider on your VC. https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/vcslider.html
It does work as intended: https://youtube.com/shorts/IUrybzYDkKQ
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

If you look at the standard Input Profile for the BCF2000 in Mackie Control mode, you will see that the faders are defined as Pitch Wheel.
That might explain why they go back to their previous position.

I wonder which mode Fredje uses in his video?
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Sp4rKy

Hey , thanks for your answer ! faders are not fighting me, they just go back after half a second or something like that. The video does not show the problem I have. Indeed, in mackie mode, motorized sliders will move correctly if i move slider in VC. The only thing not working (which makes the whole thing unusuable) is when I move motorized fader on BCF, they move without fighting and the slider in VC moves at same time, but after like half a second, the motorized fader will go back in previous position
Sp4rKy

Just noticed something, in MC C mode the sliders will bounce back even without qlcplus started. In fact even without usb cable plugged. So I'm really surprised it work in MC-C mode at all with qlcplus.

If anyone can confirm its bcf2000 is working in this mode with feedback ?
edogawa

Yeah the same happens with my bcf2000 in any control mode except BC. even unconnected, any fader snaps back to 0 after half a second or so.

A few very old postings here in the forum and even in the old one on sourceforge seem to describe a similar behaviour, but either got misunderstood or not confirmed, so no solution anywhere.

I don't use it often these days but I remember it scared me a lot like 2 years ago until I found I had set it to MC-C or LC mode before... I'll continue investigating but TBH I'm not sure whether it's worth the effort, you lose quite some functionality like changing presets after all ...
Sp4rKy

Presets are useless (or I did not find any way to make them useful) with qlc+, but yeah, not sure a few more buttons are worth spending so much time on this problem
Sp4rKy

Just to be sure, can anyone confirm than in BC mode (default one) the 10 buttons at the right of sliders can't be used with qlc+ at all ? I'd like to use the one just under " < preset >" for prev/next page but they do not seems to be recognized
edogawa

For me, the four buttons below "< preset >" are recognized in BC mode:

when pressed they show the wiggly joystick in the universe bar, and in VC they'reare picked up when binding them to cuelist prev/next buttons.

Using input profile "BCF 2000", the upper left button of this group of four shows "90: Button 9 Top", upper right "91: Button 10 Top". The lower row shows "92: Button 9 Bottom" and "93: Button 10 Bottom" accordingly...

You can examine these mappings when looking at the profile via edit button (see attached images), channels tab (you'll get a "not editable" warning but you can inspect the defined controls)

Buttons 1-8 top/bottom are those above the faders, 9 and 10 those we talk about, and that's it regarding buttons (except the encoder push functions, for groups A-D)
Attachments
inputprofileeditor_channeltab.png
inputprofile_editor.png
Sp4rKy

Mhh, that's exactly what I though at first, but was not able to make them work / recognized. And checking with MIDIView they were sending sysex messages. Will give them another try !

Thanks for your answer !
Sp4rKy

Soooo I finally understood that my bcf2000 (2nd hand) has been heavily customized by previous owner.
I first try to reconfigure all buttons / knob etc by hand but takes some time. This document (in french) helped a lot for that: http://ph.neutre.free.fr/Telechargement ... mation.pdf don't trust title it's for both bcr and bcf.

Finally, I ended up by trying to BC Editor from behringer website (the java app). It was easy as it has a "virtual bcf2000" with defautls presets. So all I (I thought) had to do was to load the first preset from right column to center, then save to my console. However save to console was failing (timeout). So I finally used the File > Export feature to export the preset as sysex file, which I've been able to send to console using windows midi sysex file transfer utility (from windows store) \o/

Just had to customize the knob leds to switch them to bar mode to meet my needs.

Now everything is working as expected (in bc mode), and I learnt a lot about this BCF2000. Thanks all for help !
GGGss

Reads like a huge effort ... Thanks for documenting.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

Sp4rKy

Thanks for finding english version ! Not much effort when you finally know how to do it, but having to deal with many differents (and sometimes old) software & documentation wasn´t easy. Hope it can help someone else later :)