problem with qlc 5 in ubuntu 20.04 and 18.04 solved with wine and qlc 5 from windows

Report an issue that you found while using QLC+ 5.x.
Please provide as many details as you can, a sample workspace if available and don't forget to read the forum posting guidelines first !
andres robles

QLC 5 does not run on ubuntustudio 18.04, starting from terminal gives the following error: qlcplus-qml: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /tmp /.mount_QLC+_50bVhWt/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libqlcplusengine.so.1)
before trying to make it work download the windows version and install it under wine, and to my surprise, it works, and it works very well, i tried it on an old MSI touch pc that was a pos before, it has a dual core intel celeron a 1.60mhz, and the integrated intel graphics, everything works, the 3D runs at 10 FPS, and the touch is not precise at all (as it would be on a tablet or phone), I only do this report as a curiosity, if anyone you want to try v5 on your linux and it doesn't work because of libraries and blah blah blah, you can try the windows version through wine...slow to start, but it works very well and I didn't get any errors in few tests I did.. ....
mcallegari

Duplicate of
viewtopic.php?t=16078

Please search the forums before posting