clean up RGB scripts

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
arneB

For new users, the big amount of RGB scripts can be confusing. I suggest cleaning them up a bit by merging some of them together, e. g.:
  • delete the From Center scripts and add an option called Direction to the scripts without From Center that can be set to In or Out (just like in the Waves script)
  • merge some scripts that have a similar effect, for example merging Circles and Squares into a new script called Geometry that has an option for the Shape
I estimate the most difficult thing will be to make sure old files get converted automatically so that compatibility can be guaranteed.

A much simpler option would be to create categories so that finding the right script can happen faster.
Thanks to everyone who helps with this incredible software!
arneB

Another idea is to create a default option named Direction that appears in every script which can be set to the following:
  • Left: The default option.
  • Right: This would simply mirror the RGB matrix.
  • In: This would create a RGB matrix that is only half as big as the original size where every column (except the right one) is filled twice:
    QLC+ Direction=In.jpg
    QLC+ Direction=In.jpg (7.82 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
  • Out: This would use a mirrored version of the In matrix.
Please note that in my description "create a new RGB matrix" doesn't mean that a new fixture group is created, but that the script is using a modified version of the original RGB matrix.
Thanks to everyone who helps with this incredible software!
Yestalgia

I like this idea, one of the things on my list is to create a bunch of gifs/thumbnails which can represent what each of these actually do.

It'd be great to select a matrix by look rather than remembering what each one does.
sandinak

So some things to know about these scripts:
  • For small projects .. combining them makes sense as the CPU won't have to churn as much .. however ..
  • For large projects ( I run >7k rgb led matrixes ;) .. efficiency is very important
Even with big machines with lots of CPU, etc .. when you start driving that many instances across ~50 ArtNet universes, the system can and does bog down under the load. I am already looking at the scripts i use usually to see what can be done to make em smarter so that speed isn't an issue.

I DO love the idea of folders for the scripts so you can break them out a bit easier; and i'd also suggest perhaps a link to documentation for each script that could be put on it's config page so that users can have a better idea of what does what.
desinellc

To add to this - In QLC 5+ rgb's should be easily multi-selected and deleted. Keyboard controls or right clicking to delete etc.