Showtec Data Flower LED / Where to put my custom Gobos?

Request a fixture definition here
FunzelFrickler

Hi there!

I recently got this fun little effect, the modern re-issue of the old Data Flower with LED by ShowTec. Now working on the Fixture in the editor. Getting along… however, where do I put my gobo PNG files which I scraped from the manual?

I will provide the resulting fixture file and gobo files here once this is done.

Best
Frickler
GGGss

Frickler,

Thx for adding this fixture. We do not include gobo .png's but try to match the imagery with the already existing ones in QLC+.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
FunzelFrickler

I found the existing gobos in the collection not matching this fixture very well. Hence I made my own specific collection for it by extracting them from the manual.

Please find attached the fixture definition, the gobos, plus a test project. The way of integrating this into the QLC+ release with or without gobos is up to you guys. Users can fetch things from here, the gobos must go into /usr/share/qlcplus/gobos/Showtec.

I did some testing in QLC+ and I changed some of the labels from what it reads in the manual because they are actually confusing. E.g., not having an automatic program selected is called “open” in the manual, however “(manual)” makes much more sense. Also I invented some fun names for those gobos.

The Showted Data Flower LED with its 100W LED is a fun thing to play with and a nice tool for all people who don't want to get into expensive moving heads and tedious moving head programming, when a little bit of 70ties style FX stuff is actually good enough for the purpose. Now you can easily control it with QLC+.
Attachments
Showtec-Data-Flower-LED.qxf
(6.69 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Gobos-Showtec.tar.gz
(81.33 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
data-flower-controller.qxw
(6 KiB) Downloaded 71 times