Short black out when qlc+ loose focus

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
Sp4rKy

Hello,

QLC 4, win10, afaik I've disabled all USB energy management in windows.

Still, if i have another app running on the computer, let's say spotify, when I switch to spotify for too long (a couple minutes or so, maybe less), I suddenly have a blackout of all my lights for 1 or 2 seconds, then it comes back.

I did not see this happening when QLCPlus is focused, but got the issue 4 times in a week-end, every time when spotify was focused.

Does this ring a bell to anyone ?
GGGss

Sp4rKy,

Any chance you have a non-intelligent DMX interface?
Buffer over- / under-runs on the USB bus due to the audio stream??
When spotify refreshes its background info?
I wouldn't know?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Sp4rKy

not sure what a non-intelligent dmx interface would be, I use a Eurolite USB-DMX512 PRO Interface MK2 interface, and have no problem when qlcplus is focused even when spotify is playing in background.
GGGss

Sp4rKy wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:36 pm a Eurolite USB-DMX512 PRO Interface MK2 interface
is intelligent (It has a processor on board, handling the DMX timing on its own)

Do you use the interface connected to a dedicated USB port?
M$ Windows energy setting set to High Performance?
USB ports settings set to No Selective USB Suspend?

All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Sp4rKy

tried both on dedicated usb port, or on a usb hub (with its own power), both cause same issue.
windows energy settings disabled / set to high perf , and all usb ports set to no selective usb suspend yes
GGGss

A long shot but is your audio enabled?
Can you hear Windows enumerating (connecting disconnecting) USB devices?
(I once had troubles with external touch screens doing all weird stuff, leaving WIndows unresponsive for 2 seconds or so...)
Sp4rKy

mhh audio is enabled as i'm playing spotify (on external usb audio card) but windows sounds are deactivated. However, the sound itself do not drop, only lights, so not all usb ports are going down it seems