Led bars display as 1 lamp

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
Trevor

I am currently trying to produce a new fixture definition for the Ibiza Led bar 24 RC which has 24 lamps split into 8 groups of 3 using all 58 channels. settings as follows:

58 chn's added
8 heads added (three lamps each using the same dmx channels)
layout definition 8x1

I have viewed other fixture definitions of Led bars for guidance and when I have added them as fixtures in QLC+ they appear in the simulator correct eg 8 lamps in a row as expected. When using my new fixture as above I only get one single lamp in the middle of a long rectangle in the simulator, after spending many hours comparing settings and checking for simple errors to no avail.

Please has anybody else come up against this problem, currently I am using QLC+ 4.12.4A where I have produced a large virtual lighting desk for all of my other fixtures without any problems. In desperation I downloaded the latest windows version on another machine as normally my work is on a Macbook pro, still have the same problem with this fixture definition on the new version. This is the manual for the Led bar concerned
Manual_Ibiza_Light_LED_BAR_24_RC.pdf
(430.96 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards Trevor
janosvitok

Please attach the qxf file here
Trevor

Ibiza-LED-BAR-24-RC.qxf
(8.46 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Thank you in advance
janosvitok

I'm lost. The definition seems OK. I've found several other definitions that behave the same (Eurolite LED KLS 2500 for example).
You may try QLC+5 whether it shows the bar properly.

I've even tried to compile QLC+ and step through it to find out what is the problem, but I forgot how to do that :)

My gut feeling is that the problem is somewhere here: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... em.cpp#L81

You may try to define the dimmer channel without using presets (small chance, but...)

Jano
mcallegari

QLC+ 5 displays it correctly.
I will check what's wrong in v4
Trevor

Thanks to you both for a quick response and I am relieved to know the problem lies in this fantastic software, a credit to all the people involved over the years. The software has helped keep my brain active during retirement, reliving my DJ days back in the 70's for just family and friends now at home.

Last night I added a simple matrix using the fixture profile which displays correctly (8 lamps) in the matrix editor, the dmx view reflects correctly in the simulator all chn's doing what you would expect to view, the single lamp on the 2d simulator changes color accordingly. I currently do not own the fixture yet so live testing is not possible but this shows that the simulator interpretation of the fixture seems to be the only problem area.

I have attached some pics of my lighting desk in action and now will incorporate controls for the new fixture which will complete my set-up going forward, thanks again to all involved in this QLC+ project.

Regards

Trevor
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 09.55.39.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 09.54.57.png
Lighting desk in Action.jpg
mcallegari

The variable 'i' was used multiple times in the same function. That was the error.
I fixed it and pushed the change upstream.
I'll try to find some time to upload a test version for macOS
Trevor

Thank you mcallegari, look forward to the test version
Lurker

I'm sorry to revive this dead thread, but I got the exact same problem with exact the same fixture. What was the solution here? I don't totally get it. Where's the upstream and where can I download the corrected fixture?
edogawa

"The upstream" is the qlcplus github code repository https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus, and the fix is in qlcplus source code, not in the fixture definition.
This is the commit addressing it: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/c ... cb1e171828

There hasn't happened a new release since this commit, so you have to either install a test version or compile and install from source code to enjoy the fix.
Lurker

Thank you very much!
MichelSliepenbeek

Basically QLC+ works fine with "multi Head Fixtures" , the problem is only that in 2D monitor you only see the first head (not the other heads).
I have simular fixtures (Showtec Led Bar 16) and i just accepted that 2D monitor is just a simple tool to give you a first impression of what all your scenes, RGB Matrices and Effects are going to do.

If i really wanted the 2D monitor to show all the heads however, i would do the following:
- create a Fixture Definition for "Led Bar Single Head" (having 7 channels) and add 8 of those to my Fixture List (in order without gaps).
- create another Fixture (Led Bar Color Chaser) for the 2 remaining channels and add it directly behind those 8 "Fixtures" (or just create a 2 channel gap if you are not going to use those chasers).

Now it is just a matter of finding the right measures (to use for Width and Heigth in your Fixture Definition) and putting the heads in the right order, to make it look as you want in 2d Monitor.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
edogawa

Basically QLC+ works fine with "multi Head Fixtures" , the problem is only that in 2D monitor you only see the first head (not the other heads).
Not sure why you say that, in 4.12.7-git I can see the multiple heads just fine, with e.g. Eurolite LED PT-100 in 48 ch mode ...
(one of the two definitions for this Pixel Tube is written by me, implements only 48ch mode with 16 heads, and has wrong physical dimensions - confused b/w/h, so it displays very tiny in 2D)
EDIT: Also, 2D-preview doesn't seem to be able to fit 16 heads into 1 m but that's a different problem.

I'll try to fix and update my definition, but multiple heads should display with the patch from above applied.
MichelSliepenbeek

OK, i should have said:
Basically QLC+ (up untill version 4.12.6) works fine with "multi Head Fixtures" , the problem is only that in 2D monitor you only see the first head (not the other heads).
Apologies for that. :) ;)

For those who don't have experience in compiling and installing from source code, they still have to wait till the 4.12.7 version for Windows or Mac comes available.

Considering that DMX is nothing more than a number of channels (512) with values (000 - 255), i only wanted to show that with some creativity you can allways find a work around.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
mcallegari

To test changes earlier there are test versions:
viewtopic.php?t=3135