Transfer to new pc

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
adjmcwadge

Hey!! I us wolf plus on an old laptop that our church had Layin around with a usb to dmx adapter. It had been working great but every time i turned it on it would take forever and sometimes w would have to start service with no lights so I copied the qlc folder in the c drive to my pc and also the show folder and then wiped the drive that windows was installed on an re installed windows and now it runs a whole lot faster but every time I try to open the show file on the laptop qlc just crashes. I don know what is wrong an I tried in installing and installing with administrator rights and then running it with administrator rights but it still does the same thing. I did not copy the qlc file in users>my name>qlc I did not know that that existed unfortunately. So that’s fun but anyways I hope that was not necessary but any help would be greatly appreciated. I kinda need this to work by Wednesday sooo yah. Thanks!!
GGGss

If the Windows environment changes, it might be that the devices listed in your project file do or do not exist anymore.
Open your project file with a text editor and delete the entries between

Code: Select all

<Universe Name="Universe 1" ID="0">
and the

Code: Select all

</Universe>
Do the same if there are entries in Universe 2, 3, ?
But first take a backup.
Other solution: send in your project file and someone will fix it.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
adjmcwadge

OMG Thank you so much!! it worked perfectly. like seriously thanks i woul of had to redo months of work. Thanks!!