(Potential) problem with ADJ Dotz Matrix

Here you can share your fixture definitions with the community
Sophia1

Hi guys,

I've tried using the macros on the ADJ Dotz Matrix with no success :|

It seems like the "Macros" channel should give Red on value 17, but instead, the (Macros) channel produces nothing at any value.

PFA screenshot of the fixture definition and fixture monitor.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thank you so much!! ❤️

Sophia
Attachments
2.png
1.png
GGGss

Sophia,

Your best friend will become the 2D (DMX) monitor... #What you send should be reflected in the DMX output
I changed something in VC and it doesn't reflect -> 2D monitor 'aha-moment' -> Simple Desk

Do you have Simple Desk sliders open? #beginnersfaultno1 #red-crossed-channels
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Sophia1

Thank you for your reply, but I didn't understand your answer 😬

I've used the VC and looked at the 2D view and the Simple Desk, but still couldn't make the Macros work... any suggestion?

Thank you so much! 😍

Sophia
Attachments
5.png
4.png
3.png
MichelSliepenbeek

It seems like the "Macros" channel should give Red on value 17, but instead, the (Macros) channel produces nothing at any value.
The Macros channel is meant to give instructions (directly) to the controller of your fixture.
So you have to connect your fixture to find out if it does what it is supposed to do.

You cannot expect QLC to understand how the controller of every fixture is programmed.
It is not realistic to think that settting Macros to 17 will turn all red channels in the DMX monitor to Red. :) ;)
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
edogawa

Well in theory QLC could know, from the capability list of that Color Macros channel.. and display matching colors in 2D view.

But it seems that's not implemented.
MichelSliepenbeek

Take a closer Look at attachment 2.PNG!
This is the definition of a scene where channels 1 - 48 are all selected and all set to ZERO.
Let's suppose that "Macro Setting = 17" (on channel 49) was implemented, how do you want the DMX monitor to solve this conflicting situation?

You could also take a closer look at the Fixture Definition. How would you implement the values greater than 72?
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
edogawa

Yeah you're right, I didn't read the whole list of macro "steps"...
it would be possible for the first part of that list - primary and secondary colors and white mixed from RGB, but not for later stuff called Color 1, Color 2 and so on.

From my experience with fixtures that have similar Colour macro channels, I would expect that direct color channels simply become inactive/overridden when the Color Macro channel gets raised to some value. I might be totally wrong though.