Moving Heads - prevent fade in cue list from moving?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
n9yty

I'm trying to prep this show for the local High School, and we are going to use a few moving heads added in as sort of spot lights to highlight a few different locations.

I set up a scene to move the heads to that position, and then a few scenes for intensity/color/beam width/etc...

If I make a collection for the steps in the cue list, and the collection before I need the lights I include the scene to move them, I thought that then when I brought up the next one that has both the move and the desired intensity/etc, it would work, but watching the ArtNet data being sent it seems that the steps in the cuelist (with fadein/fadeout times) are changing the position values as I step through them.

How do you "lock" a channel so that whatever value is set does not change when the step in the cue list is fading out. Is there a way to tell the cuelist that when fading only use intensity channels? Or is there a better approach?

These are American DJ Into Color Z7 units, I am using the supplied channel mapping from QLC+.
n9yty

I think I found it... I didn't see it at first. If going into the Channel Properties I can uncheck the "Can fade" button for those channels. Is that something that can be set in the fixture definition, or are there cases where you want them to fade? SO much to learn.
GGGss

Sometimes I like to see the movement faded (f.i. a flyout) ... gobo's and colors always 'snap', so no fades there...

Rereading your question, you claim that the position values still are changing stepping through? That means there is still some fadeing happening?
If you really like to work with 'tracking' values, you could opt to use a sequence instead of the chaser. In theatre world tracing is common: "spot 2 & 3 come on, spots 4-7 off with dim time 2". It might be a solution?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
GGGss

I guess rephrasing your thread title would be: Moving Heads - prevent fade times in movements.
(on the big desks, you also can opt to MiB Move in Black. Now the software will decide when the movements will take place - you surely need tracing enabled for that - so that the software looks into the future. When it detects a move step, it will go back and find a moment where it can move).
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
joaoopereira

Hi all,

Does qlc have native support for MiB(https://help2.malighting.com/Page/grand ... mib/en/1.3) or something like that?

Thanks
MichelSliepenbeek

If i understand it correctly you use a Cue List to Control a Chaser and in that Chaser you have a number of Collections that consist of one or more Scenes.

What you didn't tell, is how you control your Timings (Run Time, Fade In and Fade Out).I guess that this is the area where the problem lies.

The easiest way to get control over your situation is to use at least two Speed Dials:
- the first Speed Dial is to control your Chaser, so it has only effect on when and how you go from one step to the following Step..
On the Functions Tab you select the chaser and set Fade in and Fade out to "not Sent" and your Time Factor to 1 (which are the Defaults).
If you only want to change your steps manually, you can create one preset (with running time > 1 Hr or infinite), If you want your chaser to run automaticaly you can create more presets.

- The second Speed Dial is to control the scenes (you are using in the Collections you use in your Chaser).
On the Functions Tab you select your Scenes, but this time you specifically set your Fade In and Fade Out to 0 (zero) for those scenes that you don't want to fade.

In order to find out if this will solve your problem you can
start with creating one Speed Dial with only the position scene in it (and Fade In Fade Out set to zero).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"