Built in RGB Scripts

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
isoparmesan

Is there any documentation for the built in RGB Matrix Scripts?

specifically I'm curious about what the size, and ramp parameters in Plasma (Colors) do, and actually what plasma is actually doing.

I have it applied to four RGBWA pars right now and just want to better understand how to tweak the settings.
arneB

Sadly, there is no documentation. In order to get to know the different scripts, I recommend to simply create a RGB matrix and play around with the scripts.
Massimo's tutorial can be helpful sometimes, too:
https://youtu.be/ovr3CSSbfgY
Thanks to everyone who helps with this incredible software!
MichelSliepenbeek

I agree with Arne: just play around and find out what they do.

But to get you in the right direction:
- Size does something with the colors you are using. Basically if you go from Green to Blue, how gradually do you want it to fade. How higher the value, the more intermediate values you will get.
- Ramp does something on the number of fixtures you want to change. In extreme: for Ramp = "as low as possible" all your fixtures do the same, for Ramp = "as High as possible" all your fixtures do something different.

Be aware that other factors also play a role, like:
- The number of fixtures that are in the Fixture Group. If you only have 2 fixtures, Ramp doesn''t do much (if you have 20, it does a lot more).
- The timing parameters you are using. If you use a high value for Size (to get a gradual color change) you will only notice it if your Running Time is not to Fast.
Furthermore it is best to set Fade In and Fade Out to 0 (zero). In this case you should let your RGB matrix do the fading.
- The capacity of your computer. If you pick high values for both Size and Ramp, it does require more processing from your computer. If you are running QLC on an old and slow computer (that's how we all start) and run a lot of RGB Matrices at the same time, you might reach its limits. (If the temperature protection turns your computer off, you've gone too far. :) ;) )
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"