at my wits end :( project attached.

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
dave99gst

Hi guys !

I've messed around with QLC+ on and off for a few years and I've never been able to figure out how to get a remote device running TouchOSC to accurately show feedback. It functions but I cant tell what's on/off because I cant trust the state of the button.
Am I missing something obvious ? I've included my project, touch osc files and input file ( not sure if it was needed ) in the zip.
Please take a peak and point me in the correct direction. Many thanks and appreciation in advance to you kind folks.

It would be awesome if I could get this working correctly .
Attachments
Club39lights.zip
(31.38 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
GGGss

Just after opening your project: __never__ use the same universe for input and output, unless you have a specific need.
So I'd suggest: TouchOSC inputs move to universe 2.
And could you tell me how you want to give/get feedback to TouchOSC? You even didn't set any Custom Feedbacks.
And you are still using version 4.11?
Now the big question: switch the fixtures to another universe, or move the inputs? For your convenience, I moved your fixtures to universe 2. You will have to rearrange your USB dongle...
The showfile attached is for version 4.12.6
Attachments
Club39lights.qxw
(146.23 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sbenejam

As GGGSS says it's a good practice to configure the input of external control devices in a separate universes. In the Input/output tab you have to configure the network IP address and ports of your device running TouchOSC and check input and feedback checkboxes. You have to set too the custom input profile.
dave99gst

thank you both for your replies !

I am still using version 4.
I attempted at once point to move Touch OSC to universe 2 but it was both Touch OSC input and feedback and I thought it didn't work at all.
I am not looking for anything fancy as far as feedback. I just want the buttons to accurately display on the Ipad what's happening on the council.
Curranty via the ipad I turn a function ON and the button works. I turn it OFF and there is no change, I turn it ON again still no change then Finally
OFF again and the function goes off.

I will download your edits as soon as I get home from work and see what your talking about better.
GGGss

Dave,

THis on (not off) on (now off) behavior may sound like that the input profile may need a tweak... (a virtual 2nd press).
But first start getting your gear up to par (latest version) and then verify that the communication is present.
Then I'd suggest to investigate further.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore