UI scale / font size setting?

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
kproth

Is there any way to "scale down" the size of the UI widgets in v5?

I'm using it on a windows 11 laptop, with mouse and keyboard, and I miss the "density" of v4 - i.e. the ability to see more at once.

Simple example: here's a picture of a the same show file opened in v4 and v5, showing a frame with buttons. I can read all the text in v4 (though I should have made them slightly bigger), but it's almost completely cutoff in v5... And note, the width of the frame on screen is the same in both versions, despite how it looks in the attached screenshots.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-19 111535.png
Screenshot 2023-02-19 111608.png
Screenshot 2023-02-19 111608.png (8.37 KiB) Viewed 3516 times
GGGss

The v5 concept was meant to be touch-controlled, so every screen input would be a finger thick.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kproth

Understood. My feedback is simply that this design choice isn't ideal for all users in all cases. So it's my $0.02 contribution toward the bucket of "make it possible to opt for smaller font sizes" if that's ever considered.
Yestalgia

Massimo has talked about adding the ability to scale the UI. I believe it's on the list :)
mcallegari

This is not a scaling issue of QLC+
In fact, button sizes vs frame size is consistent between v4 and v5.
This is just a matter of adjusting the font size, which is already possible via widget settings (@kproth have you tried it?)
kproth

I hadn't yet noticed that there was a configurable font-size. Just tried it - that helps a lot.

It might be helpful to implement a "default" font size setting, if not already available, to change prefs for all new widgets that are added.

Thanks!