BeTopper LPC-017

Request a fixture definition here
therevsally

Hey everyone, I am renovating our kids church, learning QLC+, stage lighting design, DMX in general. Would anyone be willing to make a fixture definition for this light? I am trying to learn the editor too but the definition i made for the Riukoe light will not show up in the add a fixture list (separate post). Thanks!
Attachments
BETOPPER_Professional_LED_Par_Light_LPC017_User_Manual.pdf
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
JBaagoe

Looking for the same :)
GGGss

This is quite easy, a standard RGB PAR with 4 heads inside...
Learn a little how to create a fixture definition and you'll thank me later. This a rather essential later on...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

You can use it in 4 channel mode, but then you miss the nice options from the 16 channel mode.

Nice that you can control the 4 rings of leds separately.

For fun I also put some Chinese Descriptions in the Defintion, the Fixture definition online validator did approve it.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
MichelSliepenbeek

Naamloos.jpg
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Yestalgia

Very cool
GGGss

MichelSliepenbeek wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:07 am For fun I also put some Chinese Descriptions in the Defintion, the Fixture definition online validator did approve it.
As per viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6667
Descriptions in languages other than English will not be accepted
so please don't - Massimo will not accept it inside the QLC+ library.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

Understood, i removed the file.
edogawa

Why in the world did you remove it?

It's only three mode names where you put a bunch of chinese characters, just remove them and all is good.

I didn't quite understand what's funny about it, but that didn't render the definition useless...
MichelSliepenbeek

About a year ago i had my first brief look around on this forum.
On my second visit (about a month later) i didn't get access: i was BANNED because i was a spammer.
last week by accident i noticed that my ban was over (was it because i sat out my "'one-year penalty" or just because my provider gave me another IP number, i don't know).

The first user i tried to help accused me of "Classic passive-aggressive back pedaling" (and some more she later removed) and now i'm blamed of doing unaccaptable things.

I've decided to let things cool down for a while.
edogawa

I haven't had the impression that Fredje's comment wa hostile or anything. More like a reminder that there are rules to adhere to when you want your contributions to be included.

I've also read the other thread and found your questions about the showfile file a bit off but the OP reaction was definitely overshooting.

This isn't the place for personal attacks or trolling, this is a forum to discuss very concrete technical stuff and noone here is so clever and can understand each and every aspect of what is being discussd, given how widely differently this program can be used.

I've seen you showing up like 2 weeks ago, becoming immediately very active, and most of your posts have been of the helpful supporting kind, so much that I started to wonder what your motivation is.

I also contribute fixtures for others here, from time to time. I try to spend time here helping others, I send issue reports and pull requests for bugs that hit me, to github, and I co-maintain the OBS build area, all this also because I want to contribute to open source this way rather than donate from my little income, and even though I've also been put straight in a rough tone by others, in the past. I know that sometimes I'm after something, other times I'm dumb and clueless. Aand usually I'm too verbose.

:-D
MichelSliepenbeek

About my motivation:

1. A cold kept me at home, so I had some time to spare.
2. Tried to find my way around this forum, used the "Quick Links - recent posts" option and saw some some issues that were not too difficult, so why not give a help.
3. During the year i was "banned" i saved up some questions. Knowing that the following restart of my Internet router might change my IP number again and could result in an another Ban,
i thought i should grab the opportunity.

At this moment:
1. I feel a lot better. I'm going to the pub tonight (Jam Sessions in the "Muziekcafe"). ;) :P
2. I have seen that persons like you, Fredje and some others pick up new Posts within a day. You are doing a good job ( you don't need me being in the way).
3. Most of my questions remain unanswered.

If someone wants to help me with (some of) my questions:
1. If you define your workspace to be bigger bigger than (the resolution of) your screen, you get sliders on the bottom and right side of your screen.
If you Right-Click on those sliders you get options like Page Up, Page Down, Page Left and Page Right. Is there a way to connect those options to an external input?
That way i can scroll around the screen using the buttons of a midi controller (i have an Akai Apc Mini and a Behringer BCF2000, but am thinking of buying a Midicon).
2. For sliders and Buttons QLC provides the option of using a Backgound Image.
Sometimes it is easier to descripe the usage of a Button with an Image than by text (Just an Arrow in the Right Direction, instead of "Up", "Down", "Left" or "Right" in Text), if you can
add a scale to a slider it is easier to remember where "the sweet spot" is.
If someone could tell me where to find a libary with images (that are usable within the QLC)context it would save me a lot of time.
3. The editor of this forum seems to have a spelling checker. As almost every word is red underlined, i assume that it is using the wrong Language. Where can i change this to English?
(All those red lines distract me so much that i don't notice typing Ficture instead of Fixture sometimes.) :D :)
GGGss

-1) hihi: New issues should be posted in a new post. :D :P
0) Good to know your cold is getting better. I hope you EnJoY your Jam session.
1) no I'm afraid not and I don't see any practical use (except for your huge workspace) and even then ... what about the scroll-wheel of your mouse? One bigger workspaces, I use pages and minimized widgets.
2) look for "button appearance library" or on the Unsplash Image library (freeware-royalty free stuff) as long as it is a .png it's ok. (Even look for alpha channels, so there is transparency)
3) as a native Dutch speaker, I use Grammarly
MichelSliepenbeek

About the "huge workspace": I use 2 All In One computers with a 24" Touch Screen next to each other: one to run QLC and the other one to control my Soundcraft UI16 mixer.
What i had in mind is to create a situation where both computers provide similar user interfaces (let's say two Intuitive User Interfaces based on the same type of intuition).
On the SoundCraft you can slide a window around a bigger workspace. See video [youtube]https://youtu.be/FNt0E9GPY7ghttps://you ... Nt0E9GPY7g[/youtube] around 3:40, maybe you recognise the practical use i am searching for.

You can realise something similar on a Windows PC: the trick is to use one finger to push buttons or to move sliders and to use "more fingers" to scroll around your "huge workspace"".
The problem only is that it is far to sensitive: if you do not put your 2 (or More) fingers on the screen at exactly the same moment, you already unwantedly may have pushed a button or moved a slider.
I'm not sure i will ever get this working (as it is more a Windows problem). :? :x

So for now, i will start with the images of buttons and sliders.
Thanks for the tip.
MichelSliepenbeek

By the way: i posted (an acceptable version) of the BeTopper LPC 017 QXF in Fixture Definitions.

I'm still trying to find my way around on this forum: If you resolve a fixture request, should you reply to the post in Fixture Request, or add it as a new post in Fixture Definitions (or maybe do both)?