Problem with RGBMatrix function

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
Sophia1

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do some basic RGBMatrix, with no success :|

I'm using two types of PARS: UKING PAR 36 and ADJ MEGA HEX PAR.

I don't really care about the "specific patterns" of the RGBMatrix, I just want anything that does anything (changing colors, moving dots, whatever) 😅

I'm able to make the RGBMatrix change the colors values (Red, Green, etc), but the power values and shutter values are on "0".

When I'm changing the "Control mode" to "Dimmer" or "Shutter", the RGBMatrix changes ONLY the power/shutter values, but not the colors values (Red, Green, etc). PFA screenshots.

In other words, with the RGBMatrix I'm able to change ONLY the colors values, OR ONLY the power values, OR ONLY the shutter values... not all of them together.

Any suggestions on how I can make the RGBMatrix change BOTH colors AND power values (OR, change the colors values AND keep the power on 255)?

Thank you so much!!

Sophia
Attachments
Bank13-NEW.qxw
(10.3 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
4.png
3.png
Sophia1

Forgot to add all the screenshots, sorry about that...

Thank you!!

Sophia
Attachments
3.png
Dimmer.png
Default-RGB.png
edogawa

This used to work differently in earlier versions, I don't remember well though. the manual still describes the older behaviour I'm afraid.

i think a good idea is to let it do its work in default/RGB mode and control the dimmers via separate controls.

So you can have the RGB Matrix effect running, but adjust its brightness from a scene, level mode fader, cuelist, whatever seems appropriate.
Or use a collection including the matrix and a scene defining the master dimmer levels,

I've made a quick demo workspace with two Matrices, one in RGB mode, the other in dimmer mode, otherwise the same effect and fixture group of 8 UKing PAR36.

In VC, I added a fader controlling all the master dimmer levels, and a button to switch on the "RGB mode" matrix.

For comparison, the "collection" fader controls a collection containing both matrices, so you get the behaviour you are after If I understood you well.
You'll see that this never gets nearly as bright as the fader/button combination above with fader full up.
That's because both dimmer and color values are modified by the matrix collection.
With the collection running, you still can use the dimmer fader to set a minimum brightness for the effect.
Attachments
RGBMatrix-Demo.qxw
(7.47 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
MichelSliepenbeek

Try This.

The Trick here is the Usage of the MASK mode.
The benefit is that you don't have define 7 STROBEs (for every color each), 7 SNOWs, 7 .......
As always there is also a disadvantage: if you change color you have to reactivate the RGB Matrix.
Attachments
RGBMatrix-Another Demo.qxw
(19.31 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
MichelSliepenbeek

Or Try This.

Now we are using the SUBSTRACT Mode.
Notice that PLAIN still is in Mask Mode. You can use SUBSTRACT here as well, but the only effect is that the submaster dimmer will work in the opposite direction.
Attachments
RGBMatrix-Yet Another Demo.qxw
(20.17 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Sophia1

That's amazing! Thank you so much everyone!!!

Sophia
MichelSliepenbeek

Now you should start working on your timing, Try this.

The trick here is to use separate Speed Dials for Running Time and Fade In/Out.
Notice that Fade In/Fade Out now also has effect when you change color.

It is up to you to tweak the parameters.
Be aware that your Fader Times make sense: if your Fade Times are too long (related to the running time) you kill your effect (so don't use Fade In/Out on Strobe at all).

On the bottom row you will find another example of how you could use RGB Matrices (-0.25 .. -0.75).
Attachments
RGBMatrix-Speed Demo.qxw
(25.79 KiB) Downloaded 162 times