Lost all Reds and Dimmers

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
myownmoses

I was busy configuring an AKAI MPKmini and building a virtual console, and then when I tested it, everything worked except all of the reds and all of the dimmers on both my pars and Chauvet 4bars. Even if I go back to Function menu and create a scene, I can't get the reds or dimmers to change on the Activity Monitor using channel groups or individual fixtures. The values on the sliders change, but nothing happens on the Monitor. What could I have done that caused this? Thanks!
MichelSliepenbeek

Just a wild guess (based on some intuition):

It could be that you have more than one slider that are (in Level Mode) connected to the same DMX channel.
if you (by example) set up a slider to control DMX channel 1 and then set up a second slider to also control DMX channel 1, you create a confilicting situation (it 's like being married to 2 women, they both think they can spend all your money).

You cannot expect QLC to find a solution for this conflict that you created, it might be that the last situation you've created (slider 2 to control DMX channel 1) will override the previous (slider 1 to control DMX channel 1).

What you should do is set up one slider to control one DMX channel and then use (a button, decoder, faderor .... on) yourAKAI as an external input on that slider.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
myownmoses

Thank you, that makes sense. Ashamed to say this, but I hadn't restarted QLC. When I did, everything was back to working as normal. I still have no idea what caused it, unfortunately.
GGGss

Are there Simple Desk values present? They overrule everything else.
Since the OP calls out 'inhibit' my eggs are in the Simple Desk basket.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

Those Simple Desk values only affect your current session (if in the Functions Tab your cursor is on a Scene that dims all reds you get a similar effect).

Just a reload of your workfile (or to be safe: a restart of QLC) would already solve this problem.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"