Par not working in Fixture monitor

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Eddie

Hello to all !! I have 3 lights and 2 of them are not working in the fixture monitor. The real lights respond ok but in the monitor they are not working. The 3rd one works fine. Where can I start to search for this probem ?
Thanks to all !!!
janosvitok

Start by posting your QXW file here.
Eddie

here´s my file!! Thanks

Nahuel
Attachments
Snare.qxw
(15.26 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
janosvitok

Please attach also definitions (qxf) for the Star vision lights. The problem is most probably there.
Eddie

Sorry for this question but how do I get de qfx files or definition of this lights ? Thanks !!
GGGss

Nahuel aka Eddie,
Since they are included inside your project file, you definitely have created them? no?
Have a look inside your c:\user\QLC+\fixtures\ (for windows)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Eddie

Here it is !! Thanks !

Nahuel
Attachments
Star-vision-Star-Vision-(generico-chino).qxf
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
edogawa

The Monitor will show colors when channel 4 of that lights is raised.
My guess is that QLC internally thinks that this is the master dimmer for some reason.
It's hard to tell what th channels 1, 2, 3 and 4 really are good for, your definition calls the first one Dimmer, the second "nada", the third "otro" and the 4th "otre"...
I know enough spanish to know that this is totally useless especially when the value ranges in there have no description of what they are ought to do.

So be so kind and supply some DMX chart or describe what these channels are good for, and which one is the real master dimmer. Maybe it's as easy as changing some of these channels from intensity to another type.
Eddie

oh, ok. I think I typed those names randomly because those channel weren't changing anything when I first tried the light. The light is a very cheap chinese light. It didn't even came with a paper that described the DMX channels. I have just tried it and the dimmer channel of these lights are the channel 1 but as you said in the monitor the light works when channel 4 is raised, I don't know why. At least now I know that for the monitor to show the light I have to programm the scenes with channel 4 raised. I don't know if this is the best way but now it works.
Just a comment, for other similar light that I have, everything works ok and the first 4 channels are the dimmer and RGB, so I think this particular light is built in a different way.
Thank you for your great help !!!!
Nahuel
isoparmesan

I'm having this issue with the American DJ Mega Hex Par. I have it in 12-channel mode, where the 12th channel is the dimmer curve adjustment. The visualizer seems to think the 12th channel the master dimmer. Is there any way around this? I'm using the built in fixture definition, which I've attached here.
Attachments
American-DJ-Mega-Hex-Par.qxf
(6 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
mcallegari

Change the channel type to effect.
isoparmesan

That did it. Thank you!