Held audio

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
surdo

Hi, In Arch Linux, with QLC+ 4.12.6 (compiled today from via Arch's AUR repository), I run in to problems when playing audio in the virtual console. In the console I have a frame and within there is a button that launches a chaser with a single audio file. Also within the frame is a fader set as a submaster. When the chaser is set with no fade out, all works fine. The button and fader also work fine when there is a fade out value set, however, if the button is pressed again while the audio is still fading out, the audio doubles up and (i presume the 2nd instance of the audio) becomes stuck and plays until the end of the file. Also, the fader has no control over sound when this happens. It happens with both mono and stereo files and with the "pause" value (if that's the correct translation) set to infinite. And this reminds me, if I forget to assign a pause value and leave it as the default of 0ms, when I press the button in the virtual console, the audio either plays and the button cannot be switched off, or, if remember correctly, multiple instances of the audio are played and at least once, QLC crashed.

In relation to the fade out problem, I'm not sure if this is an issue, or if there's something that I failed to set.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks
mcallegari

Have you tried the latest build from OBS?
surdo

Thanks Massimo, no. I haven't used this service before, couldn't find a build for Arch but it's building a package slowly now.... Will report back. I also need to do run similar things in Windows, will try on that later.
surdo

The OBS build seems to have stalled. I did however download your git sources and built v4.12.7 with no errors. Unfortunately the same problem occurs.
surdo

Oh, sorry, found your packages. I downloaded the latest package (built today) from https://mirrorcache-us.opensuse.org/rep ... ch/x86_64/

Again, same result
sbenejam

I tested on Ubuntu with 4.12.7-GIT build yesterday. If an audio function is restarted by a button during the Fade Out QLC+ hangs and crash. I tested with an audio in a chaser and playing an audio file with Fade Out of 2secs with a button. When the audio function is stopped and started again during Fade Out audio goes crazy and QLC+ hangs or crashes.
Tested on Uubnut 22.04, QLC+ 4.12.7-GIT
surdo

I also tested 4.12.6 on Windows 11. Same behaviour.
mcallegari

Fixed upstream. Thanks for reporting
sbenejam

I just tested this fix, seems to work as expected I think is solved.
surdo

Thanks very much, yes, it's working well!