What is wrong? Enttec DMX USB Pro issues?

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
JohnnyC

Setup
As a physical control panel, I connected the Wifly WLC16 to the dmx input of the Enttec dmx usb Pro. A number of Showtec Compact Par's are connected to the dmx output.

Configuration
MacBookPro 11.3 Quad-Core Intel Core i7, macOS Big Sur (11.7.3)

Issue
I am running into the problem that the dmx usb pro input at startup of QLC+ does it for a moment (joystick icon appears), but stops working as soon as I switch the usb dmx output on in the in/output module. Also if I enable the usb dmx output in another universe. (On/Off toggling of the output, does not make the input work again).

I tested it on Mac (QLC+ 4.12.6 and QLC 4.11.2 (more stable version on Mac) and Windows 11 (QLC+ 4.12.6). Same problem every time. So it does not seem to be an operating system issue.

Passingthrough on or off makes no difference.

Is it a QLC+ issue or an Enttec dmx usb Pro issue? What is the correct Enttec dmx usb Pro configuration in EMU?

(If I choose Open RX mode in QLC+, the input works and Qlc+ is stable, but well, then I have no output anymore).

What else can I do to troubleshoot the issue?
JohnnyC

On the Enttec website I have my answer:

"DMX USB Pro has been designed to either receive or send a DMX stream at any one time, not both.

The DMX USB Pro’s input and output ports are physically connected to each other, therefore trying to recieve and send DMX streams would cause data degradation and flickering."

https://support.enttec.com/support/solu ... put-output.

I should have bought the DMX USB Pro Mk2: features two independent DMX ports, meaning it supports two separate input and output universes concurrently from your lighting control software (providing your control software supports this).
sbenejam

The Enttec DMX USB Pro can only work as input or as output. Can not use input and output at same time.
mcallegari

Or you can check the table under "ENTTEC DMX USB Pro supported modes" here
https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... lugin.html
Yestalgia

I'm going to annoy Enttec about this when I visit them on Tuesday.