QLC+ does not recieve any singals from my Akai MPD18 (it works)

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
Lennard

Greetings,

I tried to edit my MPD18 in the Profile Editor. When the Wizard is activated he gets no signals even though the controller works without any problems.
Can Someone help me with mapping this thing or does someone have a profile for it somewhere?

Thank you!
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,
What dialect does your midi controller speak?
https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/midiplugin.html
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Lennard

Sorry mate,
You are speaking with someone who has not really any kind of idea what you mean, shortly, I am an idiot with MIDI Topic.
In the Manual there is nothing mentioned about a dialect. I only know it has 16 Pads and one Fader, manual says something about 16 MIDI channels.
sbenejam

Have you read the midi plugin topic from QLC+ manual?. If you are an idiot with MIDI topic you need to read and learn howto configure this device to use with QLC+

https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/midiplugin.html
edogawa

I googled the MPD18 and it seems to send on MIDI channel 10 by default.

There is a Windows editor for the device but I'd rather leave it at default settings and adjust QLC+ so that they can communicate.

In Input/Output tab, select the universe where you want to patch the MPD18 as input device.
Find it in the righthand list of MIDI devices, click that line's "input" checkbox to patch it, and then (or before) click the toolbox icon below to enter the MIDI plugin configuration dialog.

This is what the manual page linked above talks about, and I think it isn't easy to detect for a newcomer.

Anyway https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... pping.html mentions that some plugins need configuration, and shows the toolbox icon.

Now find the line matching your MPD18 input, change MIDI channel to 10 and try the different possible values in the "Mode" column, while triggering an MPD pad, until you see a wiggling joystick in the I/O universe field. Now you know what type of message the MPD sends (the dialect mentioned above) and have configured QLC+ for that.

From here on the input profile creation should work as documented, and even without profile it should be possible to bind the pads to buttons or whatever in the VC...
GGGss

Lennard wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:27 pm Sorry mate,
You are speaking with someone who has not really any kind of idea what you mean, shortly, I am an idiot with MIDI Topic.
In the Manual there is nothing mentioned about a dialect. I only know it has 16 Pads and one Fader, manual says something about 16 MIDI channels.
^^ Here you go
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore