Image loading and QLC startup.

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
barrelofthemonkees

I recently got the image and was loading it onto a 3B+. I was hooked to a local monitor via HDMI. QLC+ did not load automatically. In fact it didn't appear to be installed. I did some research and found out how load it from the add program menu. It works but I am now trying to set it up to run headless. I found the menu and did turn on SSH but I cannot web in using the IP:9999 address. The Pi is hardwired to the router and I am trying to connect with other devices through the wi-fi connection to the router into the Pi. Any help is appreciated. I am new to the Pi but have been using QLC+ for 4 years or so.
Also, is there a different version of QLC+ that should have been on the OS image?
mcallegari

In the official image QLC+ starts automatically at boot.
If it doesn't, it's not normal and should be investigated (e.g. change SD card, flash again the image, check the logs, etc)
Web interface is available when launching QLC+ with the -w option.
GGGss

barrelofthemonkees wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:18 am I did some research and found out how load it from the add program menu. It works but I am now trying to set it up to run headless. I found the menu and did turn on SSH but I cannot web in using the IP:9999 address.
This is not how the official image works. You power the Pi and it works. I'm guessing you are using a Pi image where there is a graphical interface included.
barrelofthemonkees wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:18 am Also, is there a different version of QLC+ that should have been on the OS image?
Yes, by donating, you are invited to visit a link and there you can find the docs and binary image.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
barrelofthemonkees

I got it from the reserved area after I donated. It was the qlcplus_raspios_bullseye_20220828.img image. That was what was listed in the documents. That's why I was confused that QLC + wasn't there.
I'm going to try again from scratch.
barrelofthemonkees

Thanks Massimo, definitely going to try again. Although it is working fine right now. Stellar program by the way. I have been using it with a FCB1010 to run our show for a few years and it never fails to imress.
barrelofthemonkees

OK, big success. I didn't realize that the Raspberry Pi Imager was directed to take an image from the web. I thought it had picked up the image I had downloaded locally. Found the proper one in the menu and re-imaged the SD card. On boot, it acted as described in your docs. Was able to web in and load my workspace from my phone. Saved it through the direct HDMI interface to the Pi and it was able to run my workspace after a reboot.