Side project to copy scenes from one workspace to another

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
nickradford

The theatre I work with has several workspace files that different groups come in and use to run their shows. In the past, the owner of the theatre has created a base template, then basically saved multiple versions of that template for each of the groups to use. But say she developed a new scene, and everyone wanted it in their workspace files... it would become a lot of work to recreate those scenes in all the files.

Until now :)

I've built a web application with which you can select two .qxw workspace files and choose which scenes to take from one and add to the other.

1. Select a Source and Destination File. Given how scenes are defined in QLC+, it's important that the fixtures in the scenes that you want to transfer are the same, including sitting at the same address in the same universe. The app will warn you if the Source and Destination file have different fixtures defined.

2. Select the scenes from the Source file you want to copy into the Destination file. There is naive filtering on each of the scene lists, which will search for functions whose names contain the exact text you type in.

3. Choose a name for the new .qxw workspace file, and click Download!

None of your files leave your computer, this is all handled in the browser on your machine.

You can check out this QLC Importer here

We're big fans of QLC+ at Stage Werx Theatre in San Francisco, and know a similar feature is coming to v5 at some point, but updating may not be possible for us and I figured other people could probably get some benefit from this project.

If you run into any problems, leave a comment here and I'll try to respond, but the best way to reach me would be the Contact Form on my website
GGGss

Woow Nick,

As this is your first post, this counts as a huge kicker ;-)
Thanks for sharing - I imagine, this tool will be used by many of us.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
DavidGrc

Wouah!!! Thank you !
I just start to use QLC+ for my theatre. What you made can save a lot of time, yes !

Well done and than you again for sharing :D
Yestalgia

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you!