Videos stop playing mid-show FIXED(?)

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
kenact

I know I've reported this for Windows, but today, the same thing happened on a Mac. After playing several videos, the sound of a video will play, but the video images do not.

Mac High Sierra with 32gb RAM and QLC+ 4.12.4a (QLC+ 4.12.6 crashed when trying to open a workspace created on Windows 10 x64 4.12.7.22).

Previously it was suggested the issue of videos not playing was related to the LAV Splitter and codec provided by K-Lite. I had the issue on Windows earlier in the week, and had to find a work-around. So I moved the workspace over to my Mac. I tested it at home, and everything appeared to work. When I got to the theater today and ran a test, the video reacted the same as it does on Windows. After several videos played, the next video presented a blank white screen with the standard Mac application bar across the top, which was also disconcerting, since I had set the default screen color to dark gray.

All the videos were MP4s. I didn't have time to convert them all to MOVs and change the workspace. I don't know if that would have made a difference.

I don't know if this makes a difference but at home I used a monitor to test but at the theater I was using an Epson projector. Both were connected with a VGA cable. The monitor resolution is 1680 x 1050, the projector 1280 x 720. All the videos were rendered at 1280 x 720 using the Sony Vegas 13 Platinum. All videos are set to display full on the second screen.

On a side note QLC+ is note the only software with this issue. I ended up doing a last minute switch to a program called Sprint bit. During my matinee, about halfway through the show, one of the videos played with no image. I had to restart the application to get the video images back. That application runs on Windows, and uses an embedded version of LAV Splitter, though it only appears to run a single iteration, as opposed to QLC+, which loads a set of 3 icons (splitter, audio and video) for each video in the workspace.

Please let me know if you need additional testing or information.
Last edited by kenact on Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenact

I think I've come up with a solution that works for me, at least on Windows. I have uninstalled the K-Lite codecs and converted all of my video files to WMV files, with the same resolution as the MP4 files I was using.

The show I was doing this past weekend has run a glitch. Every video played, and all the audio stayed in synch with the video.

A similar solution may work on the Mac, by converting all the videos to the native Mac video format.