Cue list not responding to external control

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
stevenrenders

Hi,

I'm trying to control a cue list with OSC messages sent from my Soundcraft UI24R mixer web interface.

I have the basic control setup correctly. When I use auto detect for the start / stop/ next / previous functions it recognizes the sent messages correctly.

When I start the Virtual Console, I can start the cue list. Then forward, only once, previous only once, stop it, and then it doesn't start anymore.

Seems like it only accepts every command once. After I stop the console and start again. Same thing, only one time each commanc is accepted.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it's not obvious.
BTW, no issues with buttons, there the remote control works as expected.

Regards,
Steven
DeskLight

I'm having almost the same issue. but then with midi.
I cant do next cue. The same midi input reacts well on a button but doesn't do next cue in virtual console cue list.
I tried QLC+ 4.12.1 and then upgrade to QLC+ 4.12.2. It only does 1x a cue and then nothing?
Is this already been solved or is it something I am doing wrong?
muzishiper

Was this every solved? I'm having the same issue with MIDI via network. QLC is seeing my MIDI info when I select 'auto detect' for the 'next cue', but when I actually run it, it will fire the next cue only once and then stop. I have to restart the program to get it to do it again. And then it's still only once. Any advice?
GGGss

muzishiper wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:49 am Was this every solved? I'm having the same issue with MIDI via network. QLC is seeing my MIDI info when I select 'auto detect' for the 'next cue', but when I actually run it, it will fire the next cue only once and then stop. I have to restart the program to get it to do it again. And then it's still only once. Any advice?
Create an input profile, and set the option: 'generate an extra Press/Release when toggled'.
Does this solve your problem?

QLC+ needs a rising edge and a state to trigger things.
signal input: low -> high = triggers high-state. Midi input comes in: low -> high, low -> high, low -> high, but the state remains inside QLC+. Hence you have to set "Stop all currently running functions." https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... nsole.html by midi-command.

I think this is a real bug IMHO... cannot reproduce it though
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
muzishiper

interesting. I did the above by creating a profile and enabling "generations an extra...' Now it does continue to forward but in steps of 3. For example. I have 20 cues/steps in a cue list. Cue 1 is enabled. When it receives MIDI, it jumps forward by 3 cues. So from cue 1 to 4, then to 7, then to 10 and so on. Not sure what's causing that. Thoughts?
GGGss

unstable edges & states:
A jump by three (3) would indicate : High state + High input= low->high [on], low->high [state on, trigger on] and low->high again [all off, trigger = on]

I DID not reproduce this issue ... it IS an issue though
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
thierry

FYI, the above issue with MIDI messages (causing jumps in cue list) does not impact OSC messages.

I can indeed control a cue list with the 4 following OSC messages (sent from a Soundcraft UI24R mixer):
?v=/STARTPA,i%00%00%00%00%00%01 (= START-PAUSE)
?v=/STOPRST,i%00%00%00%00%00%01 (= STOP-RESET)
?v=/NXT,i%00%00%00%00%00%01 (= NEXT CUE)
?v=/PRV,i%00%00%00%00%00%01 (= PREVIOUS CUE)

To handle these 4 OSC messages in QLC+, I had :
- to create an OSC Input Profile with 4 channels of type "button" and the flag "Generate an extra press/release when toggled";
- to link the 4 available controls (Play/Pause, Stop, Next Cue, Previous Cue) in the Widget Properties of the Cue List to these 4 input channels.
GGGss

Thanks for reporting back.