"Stuck" channels when opening Workspace

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
orrinc

Running 4.12.6 on Windows.
Sometimes when I open a workspace and switch to Operate Mode, there are a few lights that come on immediately, before any scenes are activated. I am seeing the effect live, as well as on the DMX Monitor. I can change scenes, but those fixtures or channels remain on. If I slide each of the affected faders up and down, the channels clear and everything works normally after that.

I don't see anything in the XML of the .qxw file that would cause this, so I am confused why it's happening.

I have tried opening earlier versions of the file, and they don't have that issue, and after I opened the file in Notepad++, the problem seemed to go away . . .

It really confused the lighting operator, as he can't figure out how to troubleshoot it.

I'm going to attach the QXW file, but I don't know if you'll see the problem now . . .

Any clues why a few DMX channels would open up at some value other than 0?

Thanks!
Attachments
Corazon Performing Arts - 12-18-2022 CURRENT PROGRAM.qxw
(206.31 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
sbenejam

Your project has an autostart funcion that runs at the first time that you go to Operate mode. If you click operate mode off and then on again the fixture don't go up. It's strange why the function attached to the autostart is Phantom and this function has all fixtures values at 0.
orrinc

Thank you, Santiago! I can't tell for sure if that is the cause of this problem, but it is strange and I don't know why it is there!

There isn't much documentation of this function in the Help menu or Tutorials! I guess I can just set Startup to "no function" to get rid of it . . . or should there always be an Autostart scene to guarantee that when the Console is switched to "Operate Mode", no fixtures come on?

That might have been the intent, although I don't recall doing it . . .

Does the Scene name "Phantom" have any special definition, or is it just a random name in QLC+?
sbenejam

The Phantom scene is in your project. I guess you created this scene.
GGGss

I guess your 'phantom' scene is intended as a 'reset-all' scene.
As long as you don't use the Show function (and copy blocks) QLC+ does not create scenes on its own.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
orrinc

It’s a mystery … but I was trying to create a “reset all” function at one time, but I couldn’t find any way to do it- set everything to zero and clear all overrides. Lighting operators keep making manual adjustments and forget to clear them!

Has anyone found a way to do that with a single button?