No output in Virtual Console ..

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
FDLD

Hi new to QLight+. So far so good and looking forward to use it live.

When working in the scene workspace, i don't get the "intensity" box when creating a button and attaching a fonction.

The button doesn't bring up the light . Looks like it doesn't send output although it works well in the Simple Console.

I run QLight+ on Windows 11 through a ENTTEC pro Mrk 2

I have also to activate both the dimmer and the strobe faders to get output. Normal?

Thx for your help.
GGGss

Reading all your statements, I assume you did follow the training video's? https://www.qlcplus.org/tutorials.html
All your questions are rather obvious, but you being a newbie, I'll answer them anyway.
FDLD wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:28 am When working in the scene workspace, i don't get the "intensity" box when creating a button and attaching a fonction.
This is intended since a button can be bound to any function you want. You can even bind it to an audio track. (And would you expect to have an audio level face also? Noo)
Intensities are OR included inside scenes, OR living their lives on the intensity faders in level mode on your VC.
FDLD wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:28 am The button doesn't bring up the light . Looks like it doesn't send output although it works well in the Simple Console.
Depending on the fixture you want to control, an open shutter, a color, ... is required before light is being outputted.
If you get it working in Simple Desk, copy those settings inside a scene (all channels selected + the values set). Now you can bind this scene to a button and your light has to lit up.
NOTE: Make sure all red 'X' crosses are dim. As long there are red crosses in Simple Desk, Simple Desk overrules everything.
FDLD wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:28 am I run QLight+ on Windows 11 through a ENTTEC pro Mrk 2
A perfect combination - you will love it.
FDLD wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:28 am I have also to activate both the dimmer and the strobe faders to get output. Normal?
It doesn't have anything to do with QLC+ but with the way your fixtures work. New LED-driven fixtures now even need a color before light is outputted.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
FDLD

Ok don't how I fixed it but it now works.

Still have to raise strobe + intensity channels though to bring up the light. Normal ? 🤔
kenact

FDLD wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:24 pm Ok don't how I fixed it but it now works.

Still have to raise strobe + intensity channels though to bring up the light. Normal ? 🤔
With any multi channel fixture, if it has an intensity channel, that will have to be raised in order for the light to come on. Depending on your fixture, you may have to adjust the strobe channel as well.
FDLD

Thx for your help. Getting there slowly... I'll post more questions on different thread
GGGss

(Keep in mind that channels that have to be addressed permanently -> use the Simple Desk. Simple Desk overrules everything else)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Yestalgia

Hi there,

It sounds like your fixture has a "Shutter" channel that also does strobe. In the old days, a light would have a physical shutter which would by default be closed.

When I setup the virtual console, I usually have a scene mapped to a button in the top right which says simply "On"

1. To create the "On" scene, add the fixtures with the shutter.
2. Then open the first fixture and right click the "Strobe" channel.
3. You should see a "Shutter Open" setting. Select it and copy across to the other fixtures.

Now when you run your show, click the "On" function on the virtual console. Now, you'll have full control of the output via the "Dimmer" slider that you made.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Lachie
GGGss

To make this thread complete, remember that non-LED fixtures sometimes need a command to spark the bulb. Mostly found on fixtures with gas-discharging lamps, you have to manually set a command via DMX to have the lamp start igniting and after that you have the lamp burning. The reason is simple: they have a reduced lifetime. (Typically 1600~2000h in modern discharge lamps). If you had a load-in 3 days before production, they quickly would wear down and there are thermophysical constraints also: the lamp would burn and the shutter (the dimmer after all in those fixtures) would be shut and all produced heat would be directed to the back side of the fixture. (Hanging there, doing nothing is mostly looking down, hence all heat goes up to the back of the head.)
techniek

Yes I have got this to work but strange thing is that I can set the "shutter" on with the scene, but it wil not go off when the scene is no longer active ?, is this a bug or a feature ?
GGGss

techniek wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:10 pm Yes I have got this to work but strange thing is that I can set the "shutter" on with the scene, but it wil not go off when the scene is no longer active ?, is this a bug or a feature ?
Values can 'stick' inside QLC+'s internal processing. Depending on how you combine the use of scenes, settings, simple desk, ... Disable 'produce' mode and re-enable 'produce' mode (resetting internal values)