Custom fixtures not showing

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
vvarius

Hello everyone, I'm new around here so be patient please.
Basically I followed Massimo's YouTube tutorials and did a custom fixture for the Cameo Hydra Beam 400 series, after that I saved it in both folders, user and default installation (to specify that I use Windows 10). Closed QLC+ and re opened for the fixtures to update into the software, guess what, nothing happened. Then after doing some researches on google I found out a thread on this forum with a fixture file for the same light that I was trying to program. Guess what again, even that fixture is not showing. What am I supposed to do?..
On that YouTube tutorial Massimo was talking about Channel Modes, but on the seller page there's no such thing. Just the DMX CH addresses. So for instance I can't define Mode1, Mode2, 8bit, and so on.
Thank you for your patience guys. :!: :?:
mcallegari

If the fixture doesn't have multiple modes, then define just one, name it "Default" and add all the channels in the correct order to it.
vvarius

Ok, so now it shows. But now the problem is that every icon that I mapped, such as tilt for example is incorrect, when I turn the tilt slider it opens the red channel, and I mapped as instructed on their website. Should I correct them 1 by 1 by hand?
For example in qlc+ every ingle hydra beam 400 mapping shows that slider 3-4-5-6 are tilt pan dimmer and another tilt but when I turn them up and down it's actually color channels, red blue green and white...
it's confusing... could be that the manufacturer programmed some models differently than others?
Last edited by vvarius on Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
edogawa

https://www.cameolight.com/en/downloads ... 1380290362
From the manual it seems that this fixture supports several modes, from 6 to 36 channels...

Maybe you want to share what you have alrady so we can look at it?
vvarius

This is the file.
I saw that there are multiple ch options, but whenever I select 6 channel modes for example, when I go into the Simple Desk mode it's always the wrong sliders that activate different functions into this fixture... So for instance, I select 6CH mode, it modifies only the first 6 sliders and when I try to do something with them, nothing works, but when I crank up the 16th slider for example it does something (dimmer or move the light etc). It's driving me crazy :D please help..
Attachments
Cameo Hydrabeam 400 by marius 1.qxf
(7.77 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
edogawa

Help me clarify a few things:

1. why do you write your own custom definition, there is one included with QLC+, covering both variants of the device (White and RGBW)?

2. did you set your hydrabeam to the same mode you chose from within QLC+?

3. does the DMX base address of your real device and the corresponding fixture in QLC+, match?
vvarius

1. I writed one for the same problem that I told you in the last post. Every Icon does not correspond to the real address of the CH (functionality). Everything seems messed up, tilt icon but goes red, pan icon but starts strobing and stuff like that so I said that it's best to write one to make it have the corresponding Icons. But it didn't work apparently, same problem even after I program it myself. For the moment I'm writing down in a notepad every function with it's respectively icon.

2. I don't understand this question, maybe I'm missing something.

3. Yes, for instance if I set intro QLC+ starting from Address 1 I make sure that on my device it shows Addr=A001
edogawa

2. I don't understand this question, maybe I'm missing something.
Look in the manual I linked above, between pages 13 and 21 it talks in several languages about setting DMX mode, besides DMX address and other parameters. In english section on page 13 it talks (misleadingly) about setting DMX address again, while it should say DMX mode...

If the DMX mode you set on the device doesn't match the one you have chosen in QLC+, it will probably produce effects like you describe, that is different functions than shown on screen.

And I'm fairly confident that the QLC+ supplied fixture definition is correct.
vvarius

edogawa thank you for you patience, in my Hydra Beam 400 fixture was that setting you were talking about, I went into 32CH mode and it immediately did fine! Exactly how I programmed that personal mapping. Thank you very much. Let's hope that I won't encounter any other obstacles.