Stairville 150 R MK3 laser

Request a fixture definition here
satanreleased

Hello folks ,

I am new to this forum and ive been reading about a few things here. So i decided to get into DMX as i am an audio producer and wanted some show with my music.
Decided to get a few items and an Enttec Open DMX usb thingy. Got it all hooked and functioning. Got a ledball that works perfectly fine, ( pars are on the way )

So i got this laser from thomann ( Stairville 150 R MK3 ), i made a generic preset for it in QLC+ . When i fiddle in QLC i hear the laser changing and doing what it is supposed to do, but the only problem is that there is no laser ....

I've downloaded a few presets that other folks made for other models of stairville lasers, tried to find what i did wrong in the QLC editor. But it still wont output the laser light.

Does anyone have a clue what i might be doing wrong ? I here by include the generic preset i made.

Kind regards.
Attachments
stairville-150-R-MK3.qxf
(4.92 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
edogawa

I haven't worked with lasers yet, so not sure how helpful this can get, but here a few comments / ideas:

1. don't fill in the "Acts on" parameter in mode editor, unless you know why (it's for binding channels together, I've never needed this so far in any definition)

2. try and remove your Head definition, unless the fixture has several light sources that can be controlled individually, it's not needed either

3. Reconsider what channel preset types to use, e.g. Zoom should be type beam, not shutter (might not make much of a difference as both are LTP, but still...)

4. There are a few older Stairville laser definitions included with QLC+ that you could look at and compare your work to, they all start with "DJ lase " and seem to address similar models, some for discontinued models.

Finally, did you set the operating mode channel to DMX before trying to operate the laser?

Good luck!
satanreleased

Hello there,

I have tried wwhat you said. only the part " Acts On" cant be changed or i must be stupid. i've removed the head definition. Changed zoom to Beam. Ive tried other stairville definitions i found in the forum. None did it for me.

I must add whenever i remove the DMX cable fromt the MK3 lase 150 R then it works but follows its owwn patterns. The device is in chain with a LED HELLBBALL from varytech. wwhenever i put the laser as only device still no light is emited but everythinng is controleable.